Rafael Romero
msg tools
Now that we have a pretty good idea of what the villains expansions will look like, what would you like to see in future villains mini-expansions, if there are any?

Seems odd that Fantastic Four + associates (Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, Galactus) are not in villains. Would love to see them in a mini-expansion.

Also, I would really like to see the following backup adversaries:
1. Iron Man Mark Suits (House Party Protocol)
2. WWII Howling Commandos
3. (maybe) Xavier Institute Students (though it seems cruel to send them into battle...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question Rafael.

Now I'd like to see something like this:

Fantastic Villains

*Annihilus
*Doctor Doom
*Galactus
*Mole Man
*Namor

Commander - Reed Richards not sure who I'd add as the second.

Adversary Group -
Fantastic Four (Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Thing) and Silver Surfer
Not sure who to use as the second.

And I'd like something to do with the Illuminati
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rimgar
msg tools
mb
I just find it strange that the starter cards are all Hydra, but there's no Red Skull to work with them, similar to Nick Fury in the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MultiRRomero wrote:
1. Iron Man Mark Suits (House Party Protocol)

This is now my favourite idea. Please Brenzor, plesae make this happen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty - I would really like the schedule to shift around a bit and make next year's June big-box a Villains one.

I want a Heroes big-box just as much as the next guy, but to me - Legendary didn't really become the great game it is today until Dark City came out. The core set was good, but it was missing that extra variablity (with only 4 Masterminds, things get old). Dark City pretty much doubled the amount of options you had and really elevated the quality (and challenge) of the game.

According to the current schedule - the Villains big-box won't happen for another 2 years. That's a long time. Core Legendary doesn't need the boost in variability as much as Villains does - it's already got so much different set-ups, you'll never be able to play through all of them. I don't see it happening, but I really hope Villains gets this shot in the arm sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan M
United States
Knoxville
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus_Iscariat wrote:
Now I'd like to see something like this:

Fantastic Villains

*Annihilus
*Doctor Doom
*Galactus
*Mole Man
*Namor

Commander - Reed Richards not sure who I'd add as the second.

Adversary Group -
Fantastic Four (Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Thing) and Silver Surfer
Not sure who to use as the second.

And I'd like something to do with the Illuminati

I doubt Galctus will ever be anything but a mastermind.
The second commander could be Black Bolt or Black Panther.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy theCritic
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
In all honesty - I would really like the schedule to shift around a bit and make next year's June big-box a Villains one.

I want a Heroes big-box just as much as the next guy, but to me - Legendary didn't really become the great game it is today until Dark City came out. The core set was good, but it was missing that extra variablity (with only 4 Masterminds, things get old). Dark City pretty much doubled the amount of options you had and really elevated the quality (and challenge) of the game.

According to the current schedule - the Villains big-box won't happen for another 2 years. That's a long time. Core Legendary doesn't need the boost in variability as much as Villains does - it's already got so much different set-ups, you'll never be able to play through all of them. I don't see it happening, but I really hope Villains gets this shot in the arm sooner rather than later.

I'd love them to rejig the schedule and release a big box for each set each year...forget the small boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan R
United States
ALBUQUERQUE
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I wait for my spaced themed heroes to show up on the Flip side. I'd love a Richard Rider commander leading the Nova Corps.

For villains I'd really like to see a playable Mister Sinister and Onslaught.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Seriously.

How is it this guy didn't make it into the base set?

If they hurry up & get him into an expansion pronto, then I can forgive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert V. Bolton
United States
Syracuse
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this a long shot, but I would love to see none other than the Hypno Hustler. He's Spider-Man's funkiest villain. If he doesn't make the next villains expansion that's cool. He'd make a beter mastermind for the next hero's expression anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs doom, he's too iconic to leave out. Wouldn't mind seeing the Mandarin, fin-fang-foom, dormamu, Thanos, blackheart, modok, MOJO+spiral, sinister, or shuma - gorath
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norin Radd
msg tools
mbmbmb
draxx01 wrote:
Needs doom, he's too iconic to leave out. Wouldn't mind seeing the Mandarin, fin-fang-foom, dormamu, Thanos, blackheart, modok, MOJO+spiral, sinister, or shuma - gorath

Gonna have to second this, with possibly Galactus.

Dr. Doom, Thanos, Mojo, Fing Fang Foom, and Galactus are my must have wish list items. It would also be fun to play against Silver Surfer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the fact that the two are compatible, I would like to see larger combined sets, where you get 1 Hero set, 1 Villian set, the 8 Heroes/Villains associated with those sets, 1 Commander, 1 Mastermind, 1-3 Schemes, and 1-3 Plots (IIRC, don't have my copy of Villains yet...). It's a good chunk of cards (144+), but it would give each release a lot of flexibility - and expand both games at a faster rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Bell
Australia
Dandenong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would totally pay more for a combined set twice a year with alternating Big Box releases.

But the negative to this is I see a lot of people who only want to play/own the Hero or Villain set and they would complain that they are losing cards and paying more for the privilege.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Dark Avengers
Dr. Doom (Obvious expansion seller)
Superior Spider-Man
Carnage.
Maximum Carnage
Galactus Ver. 2
Mr. X
Dakken
The Thunder bolts.
The Winter Soldier
The Symbiotes as an ally team

THANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm already SO ready for Doom. Bring on that FF Villains expansion STAT please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are my thoughts:

Commanders
Reed Richards
Black Bolt

Adversaries
Fantastic Four (Invisible Woman x2, Human Torch x2, Thing x2, Silver Surfer, She-Hulk)
Inhumans (Medusa x2, Crystal, Karnak, Gorgon, Triton, Lockjaw, Maximus)

Allies - choose five
Doctor Doom (Of course)
Mole-Man
Puppet Master
Annihulus
Super-Skrull
Ronan
Mad Thinker
Molecule Man
Psycho Man
Wizard

I went this route as it allows us to bring in the missing Doctor Doom as well as a possibility to have some connections with the Marvel Universe with the Inhumans (currently big in story with Inhumanity as well as ties to the space theme made popular again by Guardians of the Galaxy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.