Thunderbolt Apache Leader» Forums » Rules

Subject: Salvage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
1. Can I leave salvaged aircraft for further repairs?

Example: I have three AH-1. One has Bullet Holes and Pylon damage.
I salvage HUD and Display to repair other two AH-1.
Can I leave it for further repairs of Controls, Engine and Cannon in two other AH-1?

2. Rulebook says that only same type of aircraft can be salvage for repairs. Are A-10A and A-10C same type? Can I salvage A-10A to repair A-10C?

3. Does salvage cost any VP or SO?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is how I play "salvage".

Each aircraft provides up to 6 elements to be transferred to other aircraft of the same type.

Rules, page 22:
Salvagable parts: HUD, Display, Controls, Engine, Cannon,
Pylon.

Plot what has been removed (salvaged), and all is fine. Whatever is still available can be used for later salvaging on the same or other aircraft.

For game purposes, I disregard the different aircraft versions of the same aircraft types when it comes to salvaging.
During operations, the aircraft mechanics/maintenance men are "true heroes" and make things happen that seem impossible during normal peacetime aircraft repairs and refit.

Salvaging is for FREE! No VP, no SO required. The price is the dismantling of one aircraft to quickly enhance lost capabilities of others.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
After few plays another "Salvage" question pop-up.

Salvage
If you are Replacing an Aircraft that did not Crash,
you can Salvage it for parts to Repair an Aircraft of the same type.
If the Salvaged Aircraft did not suffer a Damage of the types listed here,
you can freely Repair one of each Damage type from the Aircraft you are replacing.

Does it mean that if I want to use Salvage option, I need to Replace aircraft first?
or
Can I use Salvage without making Replacement?

Reading rulebook literally I need to make aircraft Replacement and than I can Salvage parts from old aircraft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brown
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct; you must replace an aircraft to use Salvage. You are taking parts from the aircraft being replaced (making it not flyable) and using those parts to repair another aircraft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Granger44 wrote:
You are correct; you must replace an aircraft to use Salvage. You are taking parts from the aircraft being replaced (making it not flyable) and using those parts to repair another aircraft.

But even if I'm not replacing the aircraft, I have an aircraft that I can render un-flyable, by taking its parts to improve another.

I see it as a way to save SO points in making repairs at the cost of an aircraft.

But I agree that a literal reading of the rules, makes this an illegal play...

But since it is a solitaire game, a house rule or two that improves your enjoyment of the game isn't going to hurt anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.