Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Gallagher
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello-
Been an active lurker on BGG for a few years now... My wife & I are moving to Karachi, Pakistan- looking for a board game community.
I've searched BGG some & found nothing.

Anyone know anything? Can we get a Pakistan forum under the Regional forums ?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gallagb wrote:
My wife & I are moving to Karachi, Pakistan [...]
I've searched BGG some & found nothing.

Nothing about Karachi in BGG? Watch out for epidemics...

Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
As one of the few people who will respond that has actually spent some time in Karachi. I will say while working with the Karachi Navy, I did have a chance to play quite a few boardgames with several members. Of course this was in 1989, but they did seem to enjoy it.

Karachi is a very very poor city, I am guessing you are going to have a hard time finding locals to game with. But if you are going in a capacity with other foreigners, you might have luck getting something together.

I couldn't imagine why you would be going there in this climate. But good luck!(And take your malaria treatment)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Gallagher
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for your input- we know it is a very poor city. But, we also know there is a growing expat community & also a growing university educated community. So, I figured I'd ask here! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Chen
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard on NPR news that Karachi is the biggest fan of Brazil's football team. I only know this because of the World Cup. Have a great time there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.