Subject: Heroes of Normandie review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Pyuredeadbrilliant [+] [View All]
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
zinger5656 wrote:
...i like about it, i do not have the time to...

Capitalisation is a necessary evil. Compare the sentences below:

I helped Uncle Jack off the camel.

I helped uncle jack off the camel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
zinger5656 wrote:

Did you mean capitalism?

...being a necessary evil? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for a very informative review. I enjoyed it quite a bit and agree with most of your points. I would like to cover a couple of points a bit more...

zinger5656 wrote:
...There should also be a page that shows point costs for each faction's army list. There were also a lot of rules in the book for pieces not in the game. Were they Kickstarter bonuses? Future expansions? I don't know...

I agree heartily that a point cost for all options on a quick reference would be great and help you with army construction. Then you dig for the tokens you need

For a counter-point on rules for things not in the core box I would offer the following:

I have played my share of games with "army books" or other expansions that include special rules for a given faction. If I want to know what my opponent is bringing to the table I feel almost compelled to own the books just to have the rules so as to prevent "I forgot my book but I know that is the rule" issues.

Not that important with a group of friends that play regularly, but not everyone has that situation.

As I said, just wanted to mention it as another perspective.

zinger5656 wrote:
...This is not a miniatures game being that there are no miniatures, but it feels like one. The squad building is really cool. That's what i like about it, i do not have the time to commit to painting a bunch of minis anymore. This game scratches an itch. and i look forward to future expansions.

I heartily agree that the rulebook needs some work, but I think DPG is listening to the players and trying to get things addressed. They have updated rules and corrected tokens available for download that helps with some issues, but not yet all. I wish that they would include a summary of ongoing issues that have not yet been included in an updated rulebook also available for download, but the forum is doing a decent job of that but now I have to point people to multiple places to get all the info.

When I read this last paragraph, it sort of clarified something that had been in the back of my mind: This game is just about perfectly positioned if you like playing miniatures games, but don't have the time to paint that you once did. I would rather spend my limited time playing these days.

Thanks again for the informative review. I enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nostradunwhich wrote:

This game is just about perfectly positioned if you like playing miniatures games, but don't have the time to paint that you once did. I would rather spend my limited time playing these days.

Thanks again for the informative review. I enjoyed it.

Yes on both counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark feldman
United States
post falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Well, the boss isn't always right. But, he's always the boss.
mbmbmbmbmb
oneilljgf wrote:
zinger5656 wrote:

Why is your Uncle Jack doing that to the Camel? and Why are you helping him? [ImageID=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5rdh0TxUClI/UKibNEovdeI/AAAAAAAAER...]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
This game continues to be an insta-buy on the iPad for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Schulz
United States
Saint Michael
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
This game continues to be an insta-buy on the iPad for me.

I'll probably get it on the ipad too, but it boggles my mind this game gets such good reviews. I think it's a pretty paint job, with no motor under the hood. Not for me. My copy is for sale, if anyone is interested. I made a really nice insert for it, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.