Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Geeks

I love to play MK and I have just purchased LL and Krang (I'm eager to receive the shipment).
Since me and my friends are always busy, PBF sounds like a great opportunity to enjoy some more games

This is my first PBF ever, but I played MK base game a lot of times, so I'm ready to try PBF out!

I would also propose to moderate, but I have never used Vassal and I think it is best to play the first game with at least a more experienced moderator

Hope to get a moderator and at least other 2 players for a MK base game. I don't have any preferences on the rules, hero and scenario to pick, but consider that I'm not so used to PvP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF #29: my first PBF after many plays with real MK base
I'm ready to play. LL &/or Krang is ok for me. no PvP is also ok. We can actually even try LL/Krang combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
Re: PBF #29: my first PBF after many plays with real MK base
I don't know yet the new features in LL &/or Krang, as I have not received them yet

Can we play the base game? that would be extremely easier for me (and for other players, as I will not require extra time to check the new rules ^_^)

But if you really prefer LL we can try it. I'll have just to check what I don't know from the base game...but I guess the most of the mechanics are the same as the base game.

We need other 1/2 players and 1 moderator.

Scenario: no preferences
Style: cooperative
Type: MK base or LL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF #29: 1/2 players and 1 moderator missing MK or LL cooperative
Never played PDF but would love to try, so count me in! Obviously I can't really moderate though. I don't have LL yet but plan on buy and would be happy to read the rules if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
Re: PBF #29: 1/2 players and 1 moderator missing MK or LL cooperative
hi airdog4evr,
now we are 3. We just need a moderator (another player would be great but not necessary).

I'll change the title of the thread accordingly.
I downloaded Vassal and I'm trying to learn to use it to moderate MK games as fast as possible...maybe I'll be ready to play and moderate in a few days, even though it is better to have a real moderator

I'll keep you posted on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Hilliard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF #29: moderator missing for MK (or LL) cooperative. Also 1 player slot available
I haven't moderated before, but I'm plenty familiar with the game, especially the base. I'd be willing to give it a go. Before Vassal, I had made my own automated macro for running the game solo, so I've got hundreds of games under my belt.
So, we have Alberto, Aron and Deniss running a cooperative scenario of the base game. Full Cooperative, I assume, and not the Blitz?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
Re: PBF #29: moderator missing for MK (or LL) cooperative. Also 1 player slot available
Many thanks Hilliard!!!

Fine for me, you could also play + moderate if you like.

Let's assign heroes then, right? I'd love Arythea, but I can play with other too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Hilliard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm moderating, I'd prefer not to play. It's up to you guys to determine how you're going to choose your heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Belair
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
If you're still looking for a fourth player, I could join in.

No PVP and base game is fine with me. I don't care which Knight you selected, I can play with anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Hilliard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I'd prefer to leave it capped at 3 if we're just playing with the base game. It'll make things easier in Vassal for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
Let's keep it a 3-player game then. Thanks anyway to Jonathan for your offer

Then I'll choose Arythea, let's try to start as quick as possible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Belair
Canada
Montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
No problems. Might change the thread title then.

Have a good game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
Butch_Brune wrote:
No problems. Might change the thread title then.

Have a good game.

Sorry my fault, since I didn't know about difficulties in managing 4 players in the base version in Vassal.

hoping to play with you next time.
cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will go with Norwas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Hilliard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, I should wait for Deniss to choose his character before posting the map, etc. But, it's a coop game so it shouldn't make much of a difference, and I'm antsy.

Initial hands have been sent to Aron and Alberto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goldux

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
For tactics, I would like to take one of:

Great Start (5)
Mana Steal (3)
Rethink (2)

Choose yours, then I'll take one of these. I guess we can do like this since we are allies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am leaning towards Planning (4), though I could take the #1 tactic (name escaping me) too and be fine.

I have never played coop before. I imagine it is encouraged to talk strategy? Like my plan is to get up to the Monastery and take the Monks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
I'm planning to kill the orcs NW (the one with brutal) in my first turn, then I'll think I'll exlore NW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll be glad to go for the dungeon (& kill summoners on my way), but I will know more when I'll get my starting hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb

Let's get things running
I'll take Great Start (5)

Then you can do whatever you like, I'll do what you guys will left for me to do, unless one of you'll take no. 6

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Just a post to practice rolling dice and posting images, since I have never done it. I will wait for Goldyx to get his hand before confirming my tactic choice.

Test Roll 1mkd[{image}] -> ( Blue) -> (
) [+]

Test to post a die:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 559185. airdog4evr
  • 1mkd[{image}] =
  • ( Blue) =
  • (iid:1554404)
  • Test Roll
  • Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:57 pm
Deniss Zilajevs
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Err, I suppose I'm the first person to choose tactics (being last in choice of a hero). However as this one is cooperative - I'm ok for You choosing GS. On the other hand - what we will do if I will desperately need GS by myself.

Anyway, as this one is cooperative - I will roll for my starting hand.

I will roll 10d16 & will take first 5 unique:

1.Rage
2.Rage
3.Determination
4.Swiftness
5.Swiftness
6.March
7.March
8.Stamina
9.Stamina
10.Tranquility
11.Promise
12.Threaten
13.Crystallize
14.Mana Draw
15.Will Focus
16.Improvisation

the first 5 unique will be my starting hand 10d16 = (12 + 1 + 10 + 2 + 13 + 14 + 16 + 15 + 11 + 6) = 100

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 559231. Vufer
  • 10d16 =
  • (12 + 1 + 10 + 2 + 13 + 14 + 16 + 15 + 11 + 6) =
  • the first 5 unique will be my starting hand
  • Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:46 pm
Alberto Calvi
Italy
Negrar
VR
flag msg tools
mb
You can still take GS if you want, no problem. Sorry if I was impatient

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron D
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we should absolutely choose in order if possible. However, since it is cooperative, if someone needs something they should feel free to throw it out there so that we can take it into consideration.

Deniss let us know what you decide and then I will pick (I am actually thinking Mana Steal now but am fine with Early Bird or Planning too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [23] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.