Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been waiting for my local game store finally got a copy of Citadels back in stock and today they had one. The suprising part was that it was a 2006 printing and included Citadels: The Dark City! The expansion cards are marked with stars so they are easy to separate and the King token is wood instead of cardboard (just as they were in the expansion, I believe).

If you're looking for it, this edition has a copyright of 2006 and clearly states on the back that it includes The Dark City. The box is also narrower than the original expansion box the store still had on display.

I just thought this might be useful for anyone looking to get a new copy. I hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere before, and I certainly wasn't expecting it when I went in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were two printings in 2005/06

1) Large silverline box (similar to others in the series) WITH the Dark City expansion. There's a logo on the front that states this.

2) More recent SMALL box release. The box is about 1/2 the width of the silverline box and contains the game and expansion. It comes in a POP display. Same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they improved the quality of the card stock with the new edition? I've heard rumors of a Citadels Deluxe with better quality card stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
United States
milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The new slim line box has much better card stock. my cards from the pre-dark age expansion are kinda flimsy and lack texture. The cards from the new version though are fairly stiff and textured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked up the new "small box" edition and was pleased ot see the wooden king token and "butterscotch" gold details preserved. Also a nice addition was finding the cards now on a thicker stock with a linen finish. One of my decks was poorly stamped/trimmed by the manufacturer so three Temple cards on bottom of deck were raggedy and torn along the trim and corner. If FF takes care of replacing them I will have nothing but good to say about this higher quality, svelt change to the Citadels product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I just recieved mine in the mail the other day. Much better - pleasant surprise! Thanks, FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nice to see they put everything in a smaller box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brafman
United States
Boca Raton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of curiousity, what country is the new version made in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kandrac
United States
Grand Prairie
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Made in China"

Unlike the reprints of El Grande and Goa, this Chinese effort is excellent in all respects.

Gg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeh Fang
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sweet, looks like I picked up the small box edition as well! I've been meaning to get this and when I was browsing around my local gaming store that I hadn't visited in over a year I just had to pick it up, and I didn't realize there were different editions. Small is always good (more portable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.