Adam S
United States
Kingston
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Just moved to Poughkeepsie, and I'm looking for folks to play some games with. I'm pretty open as to what type of game, I enjoy all sorts. Anything going on evenings/weekends in Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Beacon, etc?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan

Poughkeepsie
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just moved to Poughkeepsie as well (although I'm out of town for the summer). I'd be interested in getting a group together - I didn't see much on BGG or other meet-up sites when I was looking around. I know you said you're up for most genres, but are there any games in particular that you interested in playing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashack293 wrote:
Just moved to Poughkeepsie, and I'm looking for folks to play some games with. I'm pretty open as to what type of game, I enjoy all sorts. Anything going on evenings/weekends in Poughkeepsie, New Paltz, Beacon, etc?

Welcome to the area, Adam! I live in Poughkeepsie also, and I'd be interested in exploring a potential gaming group, as well. I used to be part of an RPG group that met regularly for a few years -- IBM'ers and college faculty folks. Some of them might be interested. There are probably already existent groups, too. I know that the local game store, Dragon's Den, used to have a gaming night. Lately, though, it seems like the store is always devoted to MtG tourneys. Feel free to geekmail me, if you'd like to try and get something off the ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam S
United States
Kingston
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks! Messaging you, Mark.

Megan, let's touch base when you're in town, maybe we'll have something going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Manhattan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit further north but wondering if you guys had gotten anything going. Feel free to message me or post here. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam S
United States
Kingston
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Hey Matthew,

We had some beers, agreed to get some games together, but haven't scheduled anything just yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a SUNY campus at New Paltz. Its webpage lists a Gaming Society among the student clubs.

http://www.newpaltz.edu/saus/organizations.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Manhattan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment but will try to see if we can make something happen in a few weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam S
United States
Kingston
New York
flag msg tools
badge
A few of us met up and played a few games last night, and it was excellent. If anyone else in the area sees this thread and is interested, things are happening!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ng
United States
Rhinebeck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently moved to Rhinebeck. Glad to see things are happening! Ping me/forward me some details. Would love to get plugged in, schedule-permitting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Family Board Game Night with Nick and Heather
October 21st 6pm - 9pm
11 Fowler Street...Empowering Port Jervis
Ages 8 and up welcome Games: Puerto Rico, Flash point:fire rescue, chess, Tailisman, Firefly, Sorry, Carcassonne, Dominion, Magic..the Gathering and more

If you want to know about more local gaming events check out Grimm's Bake Off on ...
facebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am doing a gaming group in Port Jervis, There is a gaming group call Sullivan Boyz in Eldred. There family Board game night in Cooperage Project (1030 Main St, Honesdale, Pennsylvania 18431).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey every, for people who want gaming in Mid-Hudson area, please check these meetups out:
http://www.meetup.com/Fishkill-Gamers/
http://www.meetup.com/Mid-Hudson-Gamers-Geeks/

There was also a Beacon group to which isn't meeting now. And there was a thread on here about gaming in the Mid-Hudson area I can't find now. I think the Den is also open for gaming.

If you are closer to Westcherer, check this group out. They hold an annual Labor Day weekend event every year:
http://www.westchestergaming.org/

And there are meetings in Connecticut also.

Another thing, please feel free to send me a message here also, if you want more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Wyman
United States
Glen spey
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you docreason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Combat311 wrote:
Thank you docreason.

My hope is that we get enough gamers together so people can always find people to play with what they want, and we get a regional convention to be large enough that it would be really good to attend. With the convention at West Point going into parts unknown, we have been limited. I know Vassar runs stuff, but the boardgame side is week. It would be good for the winter to have. I am really rooting for the Westerchester Gaming Group's Labor Day Event to get large also.

And of course, as a game designer, I have a selfish interest in having enough people to playtest stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
msg tools
Hi - apologies for dredging up an old thread, but my wife and I live in New Paltz and are looking for fellow board gamers (we used to have a group here, but everyone moved away) to meet up with. We like to play games like Carcassonne, Catan, Ticket to Ride, and Agricola. We also enjoy party-type games like Scategories, Cards Against Humanity, and Wits and Wagers. Hoping to meet up with other folks who enjoy playing these types of games as well. If there is an upcoming game night, please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ng
United States
Rhinebeck
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome (back)!

I'm over in Red Hook. The two groups mentioned by Doc earlier in the thread are still active: Mid-Hudson Gamers & Geeks; Fishkill Gamers.

http://www.meetup.com/Fishkill-Gamers/
http://www.meetup.com/Mid-Hudson-Gamers-Geeks/

I think there's a gaming night via Fishkill Gamers on Superbowl Sunday coming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to be in town for a meeting and available to game the 13th and 14th evening if anyone is inteested. Can bring any amount of my games from my collection as I will be driving there.

Anyone down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan

Poughkeepsie
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Chris - I would be interested. Maybe some Hudson Valley Heavy Cardboard? I could do the 13th after 7:30 or so, I'm available any evening time on the 14th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Klarmann
United States
Dutch Harbor
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pomona_girl wrote:
Hey Chris - I would be interested. Maybe some Hudson Valley Heavy Cardboard? I could do the 13th after 7:30 or so, I'm available any evening time on the 14th.

I am good for that! PM me an email and we can talk there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill kirkland
msg tools
I get up there from time to time. I like fantasy and some historical periods

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kashimer

Hopewell Junction
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am located in the Hopewell Area and would love the chance to play some of my games a little more regularly. I am mostly available during weekday evenings. If anyone has anything going, or wants to start something, let me know! I am interested in playing mostly anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an old thread, but if anyone in the area is looking, we just got back from House Rules Cafe in Hudson. Very clean, people very nice, $5 to game (waived if you spend $45 on food from the cafe). As I understand it, Friday night is their event night, and they're also doing something special next Saturday April 28th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.