Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hate this sort of thing too and won't be able to make it, but here you go before you find out about this too late on eBay:

"Established in 2007, Free RPG Day works with participating hobby game retailers and RPG publishers to bring new and exclusive RPG quickstart rules and adventure modules into the hands of gamers. Consumers WORLDWIDE will be able to grab brand new material for a variety of RPGs --- no overstock, retail-priced or dead product here. The goal of Free RPG Day is to inspire gamers to play a new RPG, which will in turn, create sales through local game stores. Use the retailer locator to find a participating store near you!"

Retailer locator: http://www.freerpgday.com/

The promo cards come in 4-packs, and will be the most plentiful in the FreeRPG retail boxes. Unless the boardgamers go after them. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang. There's one place in Phoenix participating, but it's way on the other side of the city. Not sure if the drive is worth it, but I do want these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:
Dang. There's one place in Phoenix participating, but it's way on the other side of the city. Not sure if the drive is worth it, but I do want these...

I know right. It's a good long way from us. Paizo said you'll get the promo with your subscription order of Skulls and Shackles, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dexter345 wrote:

At least they're in your city. There's not one retailer within 100 miles of me that is participating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Beck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to point out that I'm pretty sure Vic said you'll get these promo cards with your shipment if you subscribe to the card game through Paizo's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
Yeah, I hate this sort of thing too and won't be able to make it, but here you go before you find out about this too late on eBay:

"Established in 2007, Free RPG Day works with participating hobby game retailers and RPG publishers to bring new and exclusive RPG quickstart rules and adventure modules into the hands of gamers. Consumers WORLDWIDE will be able to grab brand new material for a variety of RPGs --- no overstock, retail-priced or dead product here. The goal of Free RPG Day is to inspire gamers to play a new RPG, which will in turn, create sales through local game stores. Use the retailer locator to find a participating store near you!"

The promo cards come in 4-packs, and will be the most plentiful in the FreeRPG retail boxes. Unless the boardgamers go after them. whistle

I already got a set off eBay for $4.00 shipped

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker Schlundt
United States
Gainesville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh at least 125 miles to the closest retailer here as well. Oh well, guess I'll subscribe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Beck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
051276 wrote:
Sam and Max wrote:

It's very unfortunate that some retailer somewhere decided to break street date by putting these out there before Saturday AND charge money for it despite the fact that it's supposed to be free. That person should be ashamed of themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I love Ranzak and I must have him.

Who am I kidding? I would never leave my precious Druid for him. So tempting, though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
051276 wrote:

is it a four pack of the same card? or four different cards?
does that mean you have 3 to sell for $1.33 each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Mészáros
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevelabny wrote:
051276 wrote:

is it a four pack of the same card? or four different cards?
does that mean you have 3 to sell for $1.33 each?

Those most likely are 4 different cards :

1 Token card
1 + 2 1 card on ablilites

The same as for any other character in the game.

Stupid me, I somehow thought that we have 2 cards for the two roles. I guess I made this mistake because I use some character sheets from BGG for my characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Beck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually curious what the fourth card is... every other character so far has a token card, a character statistics card, and a role card that is two-sided. That fourth card could be a promo boon card. :-D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranzak has a "rules" card.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lfzp?Adventure-Card-Gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Okay. so he gets one starting Ally in his deck. Are there any ally birds in the base game? Mine is still in transit, two days away. But, never even having played, I am obsessed with getting that Goblin. And I want him to have a bird in his deck, if at all possible.

So, help me out, I haven't played yet. If this is accurate, he gets 1 each Ally, Spell, and Armor; and four each of Weapon, Blessing, and Item. What are some good choices for me on this guy? I know I have to wait and get the leftovers after my friends and family get first dibs, but if I know what I am looking for, it will help a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
I somehow missed the fact that Raznak was a character and not just a promo monster. Now maybe i have to find him this saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:
Okay. so he gets one starting Ally in his deck. Are there any ally birds in the base game? Mine is still in transit, two days away. But, never even having played, I am obsessed with getting that Goblin. And I want him to have a bird in his deck, if at all possible.

At least 2 Crows in the base Ally deck (one might be from the Character Add-On pack or not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Beck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also the Eagle in deck 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love his abilities!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody want to try that 11 hand size ? Better not mess up a combat roll, not a whole lot left to draw from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm nervous enough about that 7, there is NO WAY I would ever check a single one of those feats. Unless, do you ever get to the point where you have to increase hand size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody caught sight of his Skills (which dice and with what boni to what)? High Dexterity and Charisma? D4 Strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Mészáros
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrNate wrote:

There will be a Parrot ally in the S&S set.

Could you show us the other side of the cards please ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, If you're interested in the Pathfinder RPG goblins, Paizo has two free PDF adventures for them. Very entertaining reading!

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8j5w?Pathfinder-Module-We-Be-G...
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8xc3?Pathfinder-Module-We-Be-G...

And the collectible mini's. Bleah. surprise
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ww8?Pathfinder-Battles-Builde...

So are the promo cards shuffled into any decks? Haven't played the card game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Mészáros
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

So are the promo cards shuffled into any decks? Haven't played the card game yet.

It depends on the card in question.

In the case of Ranzak, his cards won't be shuffled ever into a deck, since he is a character. At the beggining of the game all player choose a character and takes it's cards + create a starting deck.

For cards which are boons (Horsechopper +1, Poog of Zarongel) or banes (Grindylow) you should shuffle them into their respective decks, based on card type. (Weapon, Ally and Monster in my example) You encounter those during games randomly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Beck
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the promo cards are normally shuffled into the main decks for their card type, so they can randomly be included in location decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.