Subject: Air Strike in Poor Weather rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ducoulombier Romain
France
Dunkirk
flag msg tools
Hi
Western action is activated and German and French Aircraft are in its initial setup hex in poor weather. In poor weather, the French Air suffers a -2 DRM when it defends its hex against german airstrikes coming from 7-hex away : as long as German planes have +2 and suffer poor weather too, French always defend with a -2 DRM in poor weather, which is strange to me : why would air units be more vulnerable in poor weather to german airstrikes ? I think that this -2 DRM modifier for defending against airstrike should be suppressed and applied to attacker only (therefore a german aircraft airstriking in poor weather has a basic +0 DRM).
By the way, French aircraft can be under german airstrikes threat for the very first turn. I've rebased it to Le Havre so that it can intercept german air on the northern part of the front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One aspect of the negative DRM for Poor weather is a reflection of the lost clear weather days, which would reduce the amount of activity the air forces can perform. These lost days would affect both sides.

I disagree that only the attacker should suffer the penalty. More than likely the attacker would be the side that benefits from the breaks in bad weather as they would mainly only fly out when the weather cleared up. However, I did not feel that small benefit was enough to remove the negative DRM from them.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Romain1976 wrote:
By the way, French aircraft can be under german airstrikes threat for the very first turn. I've rebased it to Le Havre so that it can intercept german air on the northern part of the front.

If the Germans air strike the French, it would trigger the West Invaded Conditional Event. That is not something they want to do on the first turn.

If you are playing the full campaign game, I strongly recommend you review the Conditional Events, both their triggers and events. They are important in providing play balance and to deal with things such as the above.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ducoulombier Romain
France
Dunkirk
flag msg tools
Thanks ! I'll focus on the game before next time I harass you with my questions !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tremblay
United States
Alton Bay
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found weather to be a great aspect of this game. I tried attacking in severe weather once with the Germans just to see how it would go. It went very bad. Ended up rolling an AA with a Panzer Army on a mobile attack. Also tried doing an Assault with 3 units on a city, rolled an AS.

I have found Poor weather attacks can work with the right terrain and more than a little luck on the die roll. However I generally avoid attacking in poor weather unless it is necessary for some reason.

If you have to attack in poor weather make sure you set it up right to give yourself the most +DRM you can to try and off set the stacks of -DRMs.

Just my input. Happy gaming Romain!

Regards,

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.