Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
People can get upset over all sorts of things; it's just part of interacting on the internet. I recently had a Kickstarter publisher (who will go unnamed) grant me an unasked-for refund and revocation of backer privileges because I publicly criticized certain aspects of the game's post-Kickstarter progress. I didn't see anything report-worthy in your comments, but thanks for taking the high road and offering an apology.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kryzch
United States
La Crosse
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
all good dude!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Just got off my one day suspension from the BGG forums because someone interpreted my comments yesterday as an insult and reported me. I looked them over and could not find any that were insults... snarky (very), yes, but that was the game I was being drawn into... and I on my own chose to play along.

REGARDLESS

I sincerely apologize to anyone, including my detractors, who felt I was being insulting to them personally rather than to their position on the issue.

I especially wish to apologize to Ares and Gremlins and the designers of this great game and hope that that debacle of a discussion did not mar their enjoyment over a successful Kickstarter campaign. Congratulations.

And your post-funding move was very, very classy. In fact, it was repeated just today in another successful KS, for XenoShyft: Onslaught. Perhaps you've set a trend.

Now that it's all over, hopefully things will go back to normal.

Welcome back!

I noticed that too and was like, "They totally just 'Galaxy Defendered' it!" =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I havent seen what happened, but congratulations on being a very mature human being, and coming here to say those words.

If only there were more people with that attitude in the world
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spice
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Welcome back, let's hold hands and sing Kumbaya
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Back.

I had wondered about your sudden disappearance from the discussion.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back agent!
There is always a spot for you here! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely missed WHY you've been banned. I saw a lot of flames shooting around but nobody being unpolite to that point.
Welcome back anyway!
Fortunately the KS is over and peace should come again to GD land.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You repeatedly called everyone who disagreed with you "whiners". That's pretty much an insult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spice
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
'Someone's whining Lord... Kumbuya.....'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
If someone drops a fart on these boards they can be banned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tempting.... zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gifford
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I don't remember if it was you, but there was one reply below my viewing threshold that I had to expand where someone called another person a "feminine hygiene product" (No I'm not going to say it here if that's why they got banned, for all I know it was an auto ban by a bot!).

That was the only abnormal thing I saw in the long thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkeyeLonewolf wrote:
Sielle wrote:
I don't remember if it was you, but there was one reply below my viewing threshold that I had to expand where someone called another person a "feminine hygiene product" (No I'm not going to say it here if that's why they got banned, for all I know it was an auto ban by a bot!).

LOL... no that would not be me... not even on a lovely Summer's Eve.

yeah not lonewolf... was some other guy and it was directed at ME. I thought of a million snarky responses and decided to just ignore him instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:
You know what would make you feel better? Giving me money.

(I figure if I try enough times, it's bound to work)

HA! that totally worked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gifford
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
You can tell how much attention I paid to that post.

I think we're back to the theory that you farted, and that's why you were banned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hmph! "Modern-Day Robin Hood." What am I supposed to do? Steal from myself and give to the poor?
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
JimbobJones wrote:
You know what would make you feel better? Giving me money.

(I figure if I try enough times, it's bound to work)

He needs his money to buy more stuff for GD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome back Kevin. In situations like this "others did it too" is never a valid excuse, but I think you realized that. And maybe you do not see it, but there were posts where you were indeed insulting.

Regarding the unlocking of unreached stretch goals:
That's nothing new (recent examples: Dogs of War; Incursion). In some cases it is the creators appreciation of their backers, in others it is just a marketing ploy.

For me XenoShyft falls into the later category. Setting an unreachable stretch goal shuts up all the people saying "More stretch goals, MORE STRETCH GOALS! MOAR!!!!" and later graciously unlocking it though it was not reached gathers nothing but good will. Get extra marketing points if the stretch goal requires very little work, in the case of XenoShyft a layout change for a few cards. Should the unreachable stretch goal be reached nonetheless you can tell backers how proud you are of that team effort of beating that impossible stretch goal and build community feeling.

Now that does not mean I consider it a bad thing, but one should take a closer look at how those things happened.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sielle wrote:

Never really understood that insult. I mean to me, anything that facilitates the cleaning of what I consider the 'happiest place on earth' can't be a bad thing right? Amiright? Guys? Ladies? Anyone?

...Hawkeyelonewolf farted!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
Sielle wrote:

Never really understood that insult. I mean to me, anything that facilitates the cleaning of what I consider the 'happiest place on earth' can't be a bad thing right? Amiright? Guys? Ladies? Anyone?

...Hawkeyelonewolf farted!

Wow. That's a different take on that word! Yikes.

Side note: is that insult commonly directed at men? I have never actually been called that word before until that incident and my first thought was, huh that's probably a weird thing to say to a female. ? But maybe the person using it didnt realize I was female..?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna G
United States
Laguna Niguel
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahahahahaha.... Yeaahhhhh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.