Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Cortland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market has #1 #2 and #3 in stock right now for 19.99 each but that seems like an awful lot for 6 new characters total. Am I missing something about them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
During the Kickstarter each individual mini is $10 so I would say that this is standard pricing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
KS backers were able to add the guest boxes for $15 so I could see $20 being the norm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cortland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that wasnt my question. Are they worth it what do they add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Executive Bear
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
They add 6 new characters and their respective cards to your collection of zombicide stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find the Dashboards for the Guest Artist Survivors and Zombivors on the Guillotine Games website - take a look and see if they're worth the cost to you for yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ROBERTO M
Mexico
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The artwork style does not match the official Zombicide style. The images look good, but they seem like cliparts from another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elwatoplus wrote:
The artwork style does not match the official Zombicide style.

That's the point of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BFast20 wrote:
that wasnt my question. Are they worth it what do they add?

Do you need more survivor sculpts? Or, do you specifically like these survivor sculpts? You can only answer for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't gotten to use the characters very much yet, or some of them at all in any games, but I've painted one and like the variety they add to the game. Granted, I got them via the Kickstarter, for $45 for all three sets. I feel like I got my money's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cortland
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Coyotenomad wrote:
I haven't gotten to use the characters very much yet, or some of them at all in any games, but I've painted one and like the variety they add to the game. Granted, I got them via the Kickstarter, for $45 for all three sets. I feel like I got my money's worth.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teskal Flink
Germany
flag msg tools
For me it feeles more like 3 Characters in one box, not 6. Mostly because the Zombivor only the near zombified survivor.

But I like these Boxes and want them also, but they have not highest priority in the moment.

Personally I think they can add a new flavor in the game, because of the skill sets every character has, it makes every game little different. But I also think it is time fore new skills...

For me it is also that I like to paint miniatures and I hope I can use them as zombies or fighters in other skirmish games.

Another question, are there already fotos from the character cards somewhere in the web? (found them on BGG)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teskal wrote:

Another question, are there already fotos from the character cards somewhere in the web? (found them on BGG)

Yeah, there on GG's website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I (probably in the minority) liked the look of these six more than the artwork of a lot of the others especially the "homage" exclusives.

I tend to play them as a unit to make it less jarring to look and I like the sculpt and backstory of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am painting two of the three sets right now (I mistakenly "pre-ordered" a set and I now, of course, have to wait until July to get it when it is readily available everywhere else).

I have to say that I love the sculpts and am enjoying painting them even more, perhaps, that the minis that come with the game. The padre is particularly fine in detail and I like the fact the art is a little different than the norm. Plus, it a GG product, so I feel like it belongs with the rest of the Zombicide collection.

A must have? No, but for me it was a definite want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hesitant at first, but I went ahead and got all three sets because I just really liked their look. I'm very glad that I did because the sculpts are fantastic and the survivors themselves are very good in the game.

If I were to only get one, I would do the Adrian Smith set. Padre Johnson and Bones look incredible and their back stories really add nice flavor to the game, if you're into that sort of thing. Uncle Honk is a bit odd, but there is definitely something a bit fun about putting a psychotic clown on the table.

All the Special Guest Survivors (minus Uncle Honk) seem to be much more like what you'd actually have left of humanity when the zombie apocalypse comes. Just about all the other survivors in the game seem a bit "cartoony" so I think that's what makes these Special Guest Boxes appealing to me.

I'm hoping to get some time this weekend to paint them. Once I do I'll be sure and post them on here. Padre Johnson is first on my list!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.