Hide
4 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Laminated Survivor Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
Welp, After reading about laminating survivor cards on this forum I decided to spend a lunch wasting company stationary!

I've got to say, they turned out better then I thought, and I'm REALLY looking forward to using these next game with some dry erase markers instead of the sliders, as well as drawing all sorts of mustaches on the characters

I grabbed the gfx from GG's site, printed them to scale on 80lbs 100 brightness paper on our xerox color workcenter. The cardstock is a little less heavy then the default cards but it worked well, and im not sure the printer would have handled anything thicker.

After cutting out the cards, i slipped them in the middle of the 5mm heat seal laminate and ran them through the laminator. This was the result:

No air bubbles on any of the cards themselves, and laminating them actually seemed to brighten the image, but it could be just an illusion by having a super glossy surface.

End result

Super happy with them! They are thicker/stiffer then the originals after the laminating, and of course they will be more durable. While I was doing these, I also did up some SmashUp point counting bases as you can see in the top of the pic and took the opportunity to also add the ninja turtles into the collection of survivors

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice...
Looks like the color on your cards is a lot better than mine.
Lamination did appear to brighten the images on mine as well.
I finished mine off by clipping the corners with a corner rounder.

You're in for a treat, dry erasable cards are SO much easier than using the originals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic U
Canada
flag msg tools
Laminating all the cards was the first thing I did and I'm quite happy with it.
Also, I wasn't able to get aboard either of the Kickstarter campaigns and I have only managed to acquire 2 of the promos. So when I use proxies and/or custom survivors, thanks to lamination and water-soluable markers, I can use the blank sides of the Season 1 cards. And then when I'm done, just wipe it off with a wet cloth. Super convenient.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Yeah i can see it being quite useful for custom survivors.. I was just tired of the little skill markers so being able to circle them will be nice.. and making small notes like "5 actions total" instead of trying to always remember haha.. The laminating comes from a near miss with josh and a knocked over beer..

The ninja turtles came from my girl buying me a 56 Ninja Meeples (walkers), 16 grey camo soldier meeples (runners), 8 tan soldier meeples (fatties), and 1 bombsquad meeple(abom), along with the 4 TMNT lego minifigs. We play TMNTicide because she didn't like the zombie theme .. and I must give her credit, it workes great and is quite fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.