Jupiter Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules questions: killing Super Creeps; disconnected Evacuation Pod rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Campbell
msg tools
mbmb
We just played for the first time and ran into a couple of questions:

1. Can Super Creeps be attacked in the same way as Creeps? It seems like that's the intention, but a strict reading of the rules suggests that only normal Creeps can be attacked and that Super Creeps only go away when the modules they're inhabiting explode.

2. If the Evacuation Pod becomes disconnected from the rest of the base because all of the modules to which it was connected self-destructed, it becomes impossible to fill it with seven colonists. Do we just have to wait for a Pilot card to come up before we can launch it?

(We resolved this by having the Evacuation Pod launch as soon as it became disconnected, since waiting for a specific card to appear just seems tedious. More generally, I'd say that the pod should launch whenever there are no further colonists that can reach it -- so if there's a situation where the pod is connected to a disconnected set of modules containing fewer than seven colonists, it will launch as soon as you load all of those colonists. But we'd love to have an official ruling.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Major
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1. Yes, Super Creeps can be killed with most actions that would kill a normal creep (being on the same tile and using one action to shoot, using Sniper from one tile away, using Heat Seeker, or waiting for the module to become completely full and explode).

2. Officially, you would NOT be able to launch the evacuation pod if it hasn't gotten its seven colonists yet, even when there's no way for the colonists to board the pod. You do have a few options if you find yourself in this situation: you can use the Pilot card to launch it early as you mentioned, or the Module Control card, which can let you pull another tile to bridge that gap. But the robots do have a certain responsibility to protect the path for the colonists, so you should definitely work that into your larger strategy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Christina,

What if the pod happens to become detached due to a pod explosion, can you re-attach it elsewhere or do you have to wait to get a pilot or module control card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Major
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm not entirely sure what the question is, but hopefully this covers it:

- The Evacuation Pod can't get creeps or explode.*
- If other modules explode around the Evacuation Pod such that it is not attached to anything anymore, you don't get to move the evacuation pod automatically so it's attached to something.
- You cannot use Module Control to move the Evacuation Pod. How you would use Module Control in this situation is you would pull a tile from somewhere else on the station and put it in the gap.
- You can use Pilot to launch the Evacuation Pod early, and reattach it, as per normal rules.

* The Excess Mass special promo card changes this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delphina wrote:

How does one find a copy of this "excess mass" promo card? It doesn't even have any mention on boardgamegeek that I can find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrranch wrote:
delphina wrote:

How does one find a copy of this "excess mass" promo card? It doesn't even have any mention on boardgamegeek that I can find.

Oh, I just picked up the game, and am curious about this as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.