Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Wrede
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if there was any reason to save cash during a game. Why would I not use it to bribe everytime as long as I have cash left? Is there any strategic decision or is it just "pay as long as you can"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb
alingex wrote:
I was wondering if there was any reason to save cash during a game. Why would I not use it to bribe everytime as long as I have cash left? Is there any strategic decision or is it just "pay as long as you can"?

I think it's 'Pay as long as you can'. The strategy comes from saving/spending your money on Ringers/Upgrades, which might affect how much you can safely cheat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

That was my sense as well. In basic games without ringers, I found we cheated non-stop because we could bribe easily. Then once the ringers were in there and upgrades, we suddenly could only afford a few and wanted to be really mindful of our cash and when we might need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does cash roll over in the League games? That would be a reason (when playing in a League).

Also, would love to see future card effects that trigger off money (This card is Power 1 but you can increase it's power by 1 for each $ you spend).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Wrede
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.