5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Variants

Subject: Two working and play tested house rules... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
keith plunske
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 In response to ALL the many shield re thinktopics on the game my working non game breaking version is to allow all ships an action at any point to repair 2 shields for 2 auxiliary tokens. If the ship has cloak then it gets 3 auxiliary.

2 To further the use of non 7+ rank captain's. If there is a tie in captain rank you roll every round for initiative. The winner of the roll... preferably use 2d6.... gets to choose what tied captain goes first. This gets rid of the official rules for how to break a tie.

I was young with the idea of allowing captain's to spend 2 points per rank to rank up their captain rank. Perhaps to a max of +2 or 3 levels above their base and never above rank 9. Borg not being allowed to use this.

Thoughts.... problems... suggestions???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why limit the borg to not being allowed to do this? If you are going to let everyone else, why not them too? 2 points to add an extra Drone seems fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max POWER
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both 1 and 2 overall. I had suggested trying something similar to number 2 with my son before but he wasn't interested. I'd still like to try something like this and may bring it up again in the future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, why nerf ships with cloak from repair shields that much more?

At this point cloaking has so many weaknesses, it's basically a joke, and they're better off not cloaking more often then not. Worse when even when they'd want to cloak, the growing number of cards that can force them out anyways. I guess I just miss the logic behind that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kathryn Janeway, permanent captain of the USS Teenyprise, loves this idea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.