Popular Tags: [View All]
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have they mentioned what's their next Marvel expansion/big box and any dates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:

Upper Deck has indicated they will do a large expansion in June and small expansions of October and February each year.

Then they added Villains and stated that the releases would alternate between Villains and "Normal".

That being said:

October 2014 gets us a small "Normal" expansion -- this has already been announced and there is some information on it on BGG.
February 2015 gets us a small Villains expansion.
June 2015 gets us a large "Normal" expansion.
etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rogue148 wrote:
okami31 wrote:

Upper Deck has indicated they will do a large expansion in June and small expansions of October and February each year.

Then they added Villains and stated that the releases would alternate between Villains and "Normal".

That being said:

October 2014 gets us a small "Normal" expansion -- this has already been announced and there is some information on it on BGG.
etc.

Gotcha, thanks!

No idea what's the theme of the normal October expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
okami31 wrote:

That being said:

etc.

Gotcha, thanks!

Brenzor confirmed Thanos will be a new Mastermind in the October set. Other than that - we don't know anything else. The speculation is that it's Guardians-centric...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
okami31 wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
okami31 wrote:

That being said:

etc.

Gotcha, thanks!

Brenzor confirmed Thanos will be a new Mastermind in the October set. Other than that - we don't know anything else. The speculation is that it's Guardians-centric...

Boo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a recent BGG news piece:

Quote:
As for a possible Legendary: GotG expansion, Brenner said that nothing is planned right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could've sworn they told everyone that the Villains set was a standalone one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Palamino wrote:
I could've sworn they told everyone that the Villains set was a standalone one.

It is since you do not need the first set to play. But you will be able to add it in with the existing sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horsie Palamino
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By standalone, I meant it won't have expansions.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the game is more Conflict-y with other players screwing over others? From the spoilers I've seen, it doesn't seem to be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Dennison
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Palamino wrote:

Has it been confirmed anywhere that the game is more Conflict-y with other players screwing over others? From the spoilers I've seen, it doesn't seem to be the case.

They did announce that it was standalone, but standalone doesn't mean won't have expansions, it just means that it doesn't require any other sets to be played.

And from the spoilers I've seen, there is definitely more messing with other players. Just look at Loki's cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palamino wrote:

The Bindings alone show that.

For a better sense, watch greyelephant's playthrough videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James A
msg tools
I don't see how this game could possibly integrate into the regular game though. Do you know how? The heroes don't even have the right stuff on them and the villains look like what the heroes do currently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who2342 wrote:
I don't see how this game could possibly integrate into the regular game though. Do you know how? The heroes don't even have the right stuff on them and the villains look like what the heroes do currently.

That's kind of the point. It's flipped around - playable villains.
The integration comes with being able to mix between the two sets, so you could have Magneto, Sabertooth, Rogue, Jean Grey and Wolverine take on Apocalypse, for instance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Perron
Canada
flag msg tools
Any thoughts on the next Villains expansion? Will be a small box so 2 Commanders, 2 Hero groups, 4 plots and 5 playable Villains.

I'm guessing Fantastic Four theme much like the first small Hero expansion.

Commanders - Reed Richards and Black Bolt

Hero Groups - FF and Inhumans

Villains - Dr.Doom, Super Skrull, Wizard, Mole Man and Annihulus? I don't see how they could do a Galactus playable villain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rucker73 wrote:
Any thoughts on the next Villains expansion? Will be a small box so 2 Commanders, 2 Hero groups, 4 plots and 5 playable Villains.

I'm guessing Fantastic Four theme much like the first small Hero expansion.

Commanders - Reed Richards and Black Bolt

Hero Groups - FF and Inhumans

Villains - Dr.Doom, Super Skrull, Wizard, Mole Man and Annihulus? I don't see how they could do a Galactus playable villain.

FanFour makes the most sense... Though if I was doing it - I'd have Doom + Frightful Four as the playables, for cohesion sake.

Another alternative would be to beef up the Brotherhood, as that well is still plentiful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norin Radd
msg tools
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
okami31 wrote:
rogue148 wrote:
okami31 wrote:

That being said:

etc.

Gotcha, thanks!

I'm so stoked to hear Thanos is coming in October instead . I like the idea of him being a mastermind. I just hope he ties into the Infinity Gauntlet somehow in some way as a scheme because his storyline involving that aspect of the Marvel Universe was well ... Legendary! I would love to see Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange along with him hopefully. I can't wait to play Silver Surfer against him. Still crossing fingers for a Silver Surfer reprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
Wait, where is the large expansion that was supposed to be released in June then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mugen80 wrote:
Wait, where is the large expansion that was supposed to be released in June then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
A new core set isn't a large expansion. Dark City was a large expansion. It seems that we are getting a bit hosed if this is what they are passing as the large expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mugen80 wrote:
A new core set isn't a large expansion. Dark City was a large expansion. It seems that we are getting a bit hosed if this is what they are passing as the large expansion.

What are you missing out on, besides two fewer heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How is that NOT a large expansion???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep wondering when they'll release an expansion for Dominion: Intrigue so that I can finally add some cards to that set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Guy
msg tools
mb
By definition it is not an expansion. It's a core stand alone game. Making the core game "interchangeable" with the other game does not make it an expansion.

Dark City was a large expansion. PTTR and the FF4 were small expansions. So where is the large expansion that we were supposed to get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mugen80 wrote:
It's a core stand alone game. Making the core game "interchangeable" with the other game does not make it an expansion.

Why can't it be both? For some people it is a core set that they can buy and start with. For others, it is an expansion to a game they already own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmb
Mugen80 wrote:
By definition it is not an expansion. It's a core stand alone game. Making the core game "interchangeable" with the other game does not make it an expansion.

Dark City was a large expansion. PTTR and the FF4 were small expansions. So where is the large expansion that we were supposed to get?

By definition no this isn't an expansion but since it's 100% compatible I bought and am using it as the large box expansion for this year.
If you want a "by definition" June large box expansion then you'll have to wait until 2015. This was announced quite a while back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.