Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because on Iain Sterling is says...

"When your turn begins, gain 2 [Credits] if the Corp has more scored agenda points than you."

But in this case I havent scored any points. Im on zero, the runner is on minus 1. So technically im ahead by 1 point. But I havent scored anything and so it Iain Stirling doesnt get his 2 credits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Allen
msg tools
I think that zero is still a number of scored agenda points. You've scored zero, they've scored negative one, and zero is more than negative one. I would argue that they do get the credits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
0 > -1 => Stirling gets 2 credits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:

"When your turn begins, gain 2 [Credits] if the Corp has more scored agenda points than you."

But in this case I havent scored any points. Im on zero, the runner is on minus 1. So technically im ahead by 1 point. But I havent scored anything and so it Iain Stirling doesnt get his 2 credits?

0 > -1

Just because the Corp hasn't actively scored, they still managed to have more points scored than you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
Dlthorpe wrote:

This is the same kind of logic that led some people to state that Iain's ability *always* fired whenever the Corp had scored agenda points: "Even if I technically have more points, I technically didn't score them because the runner *steals* agendas"

As others have said, you check your current scores. 0 > -1, so yes, his ability fires. The clause "more scored agenda" points means that you are comparing agenda points in score areas, not agenda points left in the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok cool thanks for the answers.

I assumed wrongly that I didnt have a score area until I scored something.

We played it correct though but glad I didnt force it the other way.

(still won)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.