Dust Warfare: Core Rulebook» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aircraft question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Super Cruz

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm new to warfare and was trying to find info on how aircraft are used/played. (still looking for video or batreps with Aircraft.)

Is this because aircraft are good choices in warfare?

I ask because I have the warfare cards but I'm still waiting on the core rulebook. I see they have a damage table like the walkers for after effects but do they have any different rules than if I shot at a Walker? I knew I should have expedited my core rulebook shipping! Ha!

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Stockton
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
I haven't been able to play with aircraft too often in Dust Warfare, but I've found them fun and a good choice when I have.

You won't find the full rules for them in the Core rule book though, you'll need the Campaign Book Icarus for the most complete rules for aircraft I believe. Hades could work if you just have helicopters. Correct info in post below.

The main difference is in how they move (a forced forward movement each turn) and in declaring altitude, which will impact where they move, line of sight and what can shoot at them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperCruz wrote:
I'm new to warfare and was trying to find info on how aircraft are used/played. (still looking for video or batreps with Aircraft.)

Is this because aircraft are good choices in warfare?

I ask because I have the warfare cards but I'm still waiting on the core rulebook. I see they have a damage table like the walkers for after effects but do they have any different rules than if I shot at a Walker? I knew I should have expedited my core rulebook shipping! Ha!

Thanks in advance for any insight!

The aircrafts have very specific rules that are vastly different than those in Dust Tactics.
Unfortunately, they are hard to resume in a post. They take several pages in the rulebooks.
Rules for movement, firing, be fired upon, elevation, critical damage, bombs (they work differently than other weapons), etc.

Essentially, they all have an "obligatory move" when they begin their activation. They can't stay "idle". The choppers can somewhat bypass this forward movement by turning instead.
Bomb are fired behind the aircraft as they are launched below them during their movement.
They have a different critical hit table than the vehicles, though they work similarly.
They have two elevations: "Low" and "high". This concept was later re-taken in Tactics in the "Advanced aircraft rules" for V1 on FFG's website...

Take note however that aircrafts are not discussed in the core rulebook. They are explained in the Sverograd campaign book (the above poster made a mistake as they are not in Hades ). They have also been repeated in the Icarus campaign book.
So if you ordered only the core rulebook, you're not going to have them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Stockton
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmb
It has obviously been too long since I looked at the books! Thanks for catching that error about Hades. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Cruz

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the feedback. Sounds awesome! Good to know that when I pull the trigger on aircraft I will the need Zverograd campaign book/pdf.

I'll have to notify Santa/Wife of this requirement!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.