Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any news on this title, I'm really interested in it! I haven't really been able to find any information on it for a release time frame or much on the game itself. Anybody hear of any updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the tardy response. The game is very much alive. I reviewed comments of play testers and decided to make some changes which will enhance the game. Dividing the Russians into Regular Combat units and Specialty units (snipers, AT, strongpoint, dummy and sappers)made some integration issues smoother and I changed the victory conditions to be point based depending on Areas controlled. I also did away with the simplistic and occasional problematic events table (which some complained about rolling the same die number often as an issue) with cards, a deck of 18 for the Germans and 18 for the Russians. These affect supply, entry of special units, mines, heroes of the soviet union, combat effects and a host of other history related events that can randomly affect game play. In all, hopefully a better game and more varied game experience.

I am working through some issues on development support and that could effect timing as much as anything. I will try to update periodically but I am working to get this done as soon as reasonably possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Turn to the Dark Side
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great, thanks for the news! This is looking like a must have for me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this still being published by White Dog? It's still listed on their website but it was taken off the roster of games on their page at Consimworld.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kling
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Walter,

I did not see this post until now. At this point, I will be publishing my own game titles though it is possible some may be done in collaboration with others. This game and Fields of Battle, Volume 1: The Great Northern War, are on parallel tracks and close to completion. I have 3 others in the works including one more solitaire game.

I formed my own company to deal with some overseas negotiations on FOB GNW and the fact that I had to hire my own artists on these games and needed license agreements and the like. That company will now be doing publishing too and I have worked out terms with Blue Panther (who I was familiar with doing the Vietnam Solitaire Special Edition and The Confederate Rebellion revised rules, map and counters)to do the printing.

I have been a little buried the last week or two getting the printing lined up, working on my webpage, working with the game artists and getting a game company folder on CSW. All those things are in process and should be finished soon.

As to SS specifically, I am finishing up the rules revisions based on the play testing comments and am having some artist work on some of the event cards. Some of them will have propaganda art and some will have some artist art. I will try to post some pictures of more game components shortly and will provide some updates on CSW under my game company folder "The Historical Game Company" once it is set up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.