4 Posts

Dungeon Dice: Guilds» Forums » General

Subject: On the fence - 2 player concerns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following Dungeon Dice: Guilds for awhile now and it looks like fun. I watched the gameplay video and read some of the KS comments and BGG forums. My main concern is the 2-player game. It looks like the game really shines with 3+ players because you can request help from other players and if someone gets an early lead the other players can sort of team up to catch up (I think?).

I primarily buy games with 2 players in mind... me and my wife. We occasionally have game nights with friends, but I want a game that her and I can play together. I know the game can be played with 2, but it seems like some core gameplay is stifled.

Does DD:G still play well without the "help other player" mechanic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael King
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the base game exclusively as a 2-player game (~ 20 times) and it's great fun. I can see it being even better with more (since you do get to wheel and deal a bit) but it's still solid with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Scalzo
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what I am doing, so much GG to spend...
mbmbmbmbmb
I play mostly 2-player too, but sometime bigger. The game is about the same no matter how many people play except for the speed, and how many people you have to trick into helping you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pax domina
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have played Dungeon Dice 2-player *dozens* of times (it is easily our most played game) and it is very fun and very different each game!

We have also played Dungeon Dice 3p and 4p, and though it was more dynamic, it was equally as fun. The only differences with more players is that the game takes longer and affords the opportunity of negotiating more creative deals for assistance and consequent rewards. Otherwise, this works brilliantly as a 2p strategic-choices dice game.

This one fires on all cylinders for us. And those with whom we have shared it (they usually like deeper strategy games) have quickly requested replays.

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- Dungeon Dice is a dice roller's dream!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.