Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never had the slightest inclination to find the dark hole where they move KS related threads.

Can someone direct me to it please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Look here: Crowdfunding: Kickstarter (it's a family). meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the information. The shame of it all is that it appears the thread involving the KS related information was nuked rather than moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Information about getting the word out about your KS:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/746926/crowdfunding-anno...

Kickstarter family:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/8374/kickstarte...

Don't post KS links in the general forums, like General Gaming, etc.

More info:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Guide_to_Promoting_Yo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Thank you for the information. The shame of it all is that it appears the thread involving the KS related information was nuked rather than moved.

Hi Dave,

I don't know the any particular details of this case but in general:

I'd agree it is a shame but I do believe it is necessary.

Unfortunately, moving threads rewards those that attempt to promote outside of the allowed forums while penalising those who don't. As a moved thread will still act as a link and, depending on where it was posted, will generate thousands of notifications not to mention gain the boon of being, presumably posted on a high profile page. This isn't fair on all the projects and users that promote within the rules.

The development of these rules has come in response to significant problems with users spamming the front page with Crowdfunding links. Often this has been done so in breach of other community rules and deceptively, with sock puppet accounts or false declarations - 'X is a great game I just heard about'. There have even been incidences where certain KS campaigns have created guides and encouraged backers to promote/spam their Crowdfund on BGG. Links to Crowdfunds are inherently promotional and are treated as such.

Ultimately, BGG loves games and Crowdfunding produces many exciting titles (If Aldie hasn't backed your successful KS then you're in the minority) - so it's important that we can discuss them and that game related KS authors can promote their campaigns.

So the deal is this:

1. All general chat with links to KickStarter campaigns should be posted in the Kickstarter family (Strongly advise you quick bar it… or even subscribe if you're an addict).

2. If you are the author of a Crowdfund that you are promoting, a single post in Press Releases and in the Pinned Crowdfunding Thread is encouraged.

3. If a Crowdfund is for a particular game, it is reasonable for some KS chat to go on in that game's forum.

If anyone does have any issues or questions, now or in the future, please give me a shout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.