Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: To all my liberal DittoHead RSP buddies... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Hank_Williams_24/7/365 [+] [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
I had to make a drive prior to noon today that kept me behind the wheel for almost an hour. I heard Rush Limbaugh and decided to stay with it rather than switch to my beloved Hank Williams 24/7/365 channel.

You people, you liberal fucktards have been holding back. You only report the nonsense and oddities of conservative talk radio. Limbaugh actually sounds pretty rational and I found myself seething with anger at the RSP libtards for keeping this guy a secret all these years.

You guys are greedy assholes, you're supposed to share the good stuff!

Anyway, I only heard about 45 minutes so I guess all the psycho batshit crazy stuff happened after I got to my destination. He made me laugh though because he was doing a good snark at how Obummer is handling the ISIS versus Malachai thing and how since Obummer says he isn't going to pick sides (typical Libtard, how else can you be right later about everything if you actually made a choice?) Limbaugh figured he was sending 150 "advisers" to each side in the fight.

Sadly, I am still going to have to rely on you RSP lefty types to keep me up to date on Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, the skinny blond chick, etc.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
Tripp, you obviously just fell prey to the hive mind of liberal fucktardness. How else to explain how you've missed Rush all these years? It's sad really. All those wasted years where your will to change the radio dial was slowly whittled away by the power of the hive mind. You poor soul. You're nothing more than a walking zombie at this point.
12 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lucid
United States
Mountain House
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Liberals are so dumb.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I had to make a drive prior to noon today that kept me behind the wheel for almost an hour. I heard Rush Limbaugh and decided to stay with it rather than switch to my beloved Hank Williams 24/7/365 channel.

You people, you liberal fucktards have been holding back. You only report the nonsense and oddities of conservative talk radio. Limbaugh actually sounds pretty rational and I found myself seething with anger at the RSP libtards for keeping this guy a secret all these years.

You guys are greedy assholes, you're supposed to share the good stuff!

Anyway, I only heard about 45 minutes so I guess all the psycho batshit crazy stuff happened after I got to my destination. He made me laugh though because he was doing a good snark at how Obummer is handling the ISIS versus Malachai thing and how since Obummer says he isn't going to pick sides (typical Libtard, how else can you be right later about everything if you actually made a choice?) Limbaugh figured he was sending 150 "advisers" to each side in the fight.

Sadly, I am still going to have to rely on you RSP lefty types to keep me up to date on Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, the skinny blond chick, etc.


Man all the loops you have to jump through just to admit you listen to Limbaugh.

It's okay man, we're an accepting group. Listen to what you want and be proud of it!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Tripp, you obviously just fell prey to the hive mind of liberal fucktardness. How else to explain how you've missed Rush all these years? It's sad really. All those wasted years where your will to change the radio dial was slowly whittled away by the power of the hive mind. You poor soul. You're nothing more than a walking zombie at this point.


Bah, I don't actually own a radio except in my car. So Limbaugh has been nothing but a hazy, monstrous figure looming ever closer from the gloom and darkness. And since I don't spend time on my computer listening to streaming radio or podcasts I guess I'll always be reliant on you Libtards to keep me up to date.

On the other hand, I do listen to the radio rebroadcast of Face the Nation every other Sunday evening as I make the same drive. That's the one with David Gregory, right? Face the Nation? I can say this... they lack Limbaugh's sense of timing and his talent at making demeaning and mocking jokes about those he despises. No wonder the guy is rich.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
DWTripp wrote:
she2 wrote:
Tripp, you obviously just fell prey to the hive mind of liberal fucktardness. How else to explain how you've missed Rush all these years? It's sad really. All those wasted years where your will to change the radio dial was slowly whittled away by the power of the hive mind. You poor soul. You're nothing more than a walking zombie at this point.


Bah, I don't actually own a radio except in my car. So Limbaugh has been nothing but a hazy, monstrous figure looming ever closer from the gloom and darkness. And since I don't spend time on my computer listening to streaming radio or podcasts I guess I'll always be reliant on you Libtards to keep me up to date.

On the other hand, I do listen to the radio rebroadcast of Face the Nation every other Sunday evening as I make the same drive. That's the one with David Gregory, right? Face the Nation? I can say this... they lack Limbaugh's sense of timing and his talent at making demeaning and mocking jokes about those he despises. No wonder the guy is rich.


Barb can't get enough of him.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought Rush choked to death on a combo of McRib and Percocet a while back.


.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Donald wrote:
I thought Rush choked to death on a combo of McRib and Percocet a while back.


.


See? That's what was so interesting about hearing Limbaugh, he was funny and insightful with his jokes. You just come off like a fucking moron.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I don't get talk radio. If I'm not married to you, I'm not going to spend hours of my day listening to your opinion on random shit.
2 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
I don't get talk radio. If I'm not married to you, I'm not going to spend hours of my day listening to your opinion on random shit.


It's because outrage and self-righteousness are addictive

http://www.davidbrin.com/addiction.html
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
I don't get talk radio. If I'm not married to you, I'm not going to spend hours of my day listening to your opinion on random shit.


Confirmation bias. Which, coincidentally, is the glue that holds marriages and liberal dumbfucks together.

This explains why I rarely listen to talk radio, almost never watch the national news, usually give a wide berth to any books recommended here that aren't fiction and have habitually traded the old wife in on a new one every so often.

Almost everyone I know thinks I'm wrong. Which means I'm right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know you're wrong because Hank William is no Merle Haggard. Therefore your logic is flawed. So I think I'll just stay here and drink.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Admiral Thrawn
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a "Hank Williams 24/7/365 channel"? Where can I find this???
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I won't be old enough to listen to Hank Williams until 2117. Johnny Cash, on the other hand, ....
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Patterson
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
What were you expecting?
badge
I have overtext 'cause everyone else was doing it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it weird that I honestly didn't think he was on the radio anymore? I remember when I was a kid in elementary school he had an audience, but I thought his core group all went to Fox News and stopped listening to political talk radio in the mid 90s with the rest of America.

The again, I am liberal. Damn me! Damn me to hell! Which is where I'm going anyway because of all those same sex weddings I've attended.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
MWChapel wrote:
I only know you're wrong because Hank William is no Merle Haggard. Therefore your logic is flawed. So I think I'll just stay here and drink.



Tripp's taste in music in this instance is unquestionable. Say what you will, but the dude has my respect in this instance. But I agree, let's drink.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
I only know you're wrong because Hank William is no Merle Haggard. Therefore your logic is flawed. So I think I'll just stay here and drink.



Tripp's taste in music in this instance is unquestionable. Say what you will, but the dude has my respect in this instance. But I agree, let's drink.


I'm sure he means Junior
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Avatar
galad2003 wrote:
I have very infrequently heard Limbaugh, but I have a few time. most of the Libs don't realize its a schtick. He makes a point then exaggerates the bit to make it humorous and drive the point home. However, if you don't get sarcasm, hyperbole, wit and showmanship you miss the humor and entertainment. Same with Glenn Beck who goes even further over the top.

I always like Shawn Hannity, he is a little less over the top. Of course keep in mind I would listen to him maybe for 20 minutes out of a month (being generous) when I got burned out on the same music because no new music has been made in the past 20 years.


He exaggerates "a bit"? Oh sure. Tripp exaggerates all the time with the hive mind, libtard, etc., yet I don't find it charming. He's a guy that speaks to the choir. Nothing wrong with that since the left does the same, but don't be stupid about thinking anyone else finds in humorous or entertainment. It takes a brilliant person to make the opposite viewpoint humorous. Rush doesn't come close to having those kinds of skills.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Chris is correct. Rush was a humorist for idiots.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I had to make a drive prior to noon today that kept me behind the wheel for almost an hour. I heard Rush Limbaugh and decided to stay with it rather than switch to my beloved Hank Williams 24/7/365 channel.

You people, you liberal fucktards have been holding back. You only report the nonsense and oddities of conservative talk radio. Limbaugh actually sounds pretty rational and I found myself seething with anger at the RSP libtards for keeping this guy a secret all these years.

You guys are greedy assholes, you're supposed to share the good stuff!

Anyway, I only heard about 45 minutes so I guess all the psycho batshit crazy stuff happened after I got to my destination. He made me laugh though because he was doing a good snark at how Obummer is handling the ISIS versus Malachai thing and how since Obummer says he isn't going to pick sides (typical Libtard, how else can you be right later about everything if you actually made a choice?) Limbaugh figured he was sending 150 "advisers" to each side in the fight.

Sadly, I am still going to have to rely on you RSP lefty types to keep me up to date on Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, the skinny blond chick, etc.


See, I read this Obummer crap because in a great RSP circle Jerk.. DWTripp apparently reads my stuff when he needs to sleep.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
I have very infrequently heard Limbaugh, but I have a few time. most of the Libs don't realize its a schtick. He makes a point then exaggerates the bit to make it humorous and drive the point home. However, if you don't get sarcasm, hyperbole, wit and showmanship you miss the humor and entertainment. Same with Glenn Beck who goes even further over the top.

I always like Shawn Hannity, he is a little less over the top. Of course keep in mind I would listen to him maybe for 20 minutes out of a month (being generous) when I got burned out on the same music because no new music has been made in the past 20 years.


Of course it's a schtick. He does a 3 hour show every day. He needs a shtick.

What you seem to be missing is that it is possible to attempt to be funny and fail. I give Limbaugh credit as a competent mudslinger and broadcaster, but his "humor" is about as strong as that of a morning zoo.

Edit: I listen to a lot of conservative talk radio, but only because I absolutely love everything about talk radio. It's what I listen to when NPR is doing boring cultural programming and WFMU is playing the sounds of water dripping on a squeaky wheel. In order of listenability (according to the old WABC lineup), I'd say it's John Batchelor (who does an informative program that doesn't try to be funny), Bob Grant (God rest his hateful soul. I was genuinely, inexplicably sad when he passed), Rush, Hannity, Levin (who is so "funny" I can't listen to him for more than 10 minutes), the snake oil salesmen they give full hours to on the weekend, and then, way below anything else, is New Jersey 101.5, the world's worst radio station, and as far as I know, the only one that broadcasts from the bottom of an empty swimming pool.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
robigo wrote:
I won't be old enough to listen to Hank Williams until 2117. Johnny Cash, on the other hand, ....


Well, there are three generations of the guy, so you can pick your poison.

Hank Williams Sr: Authentic, genuine Country music. Respectable.
Hank Williams Jr: Ugh. Pretty much everything wrong with modern country.
Hank Williams III: This guy is the shizzle my RSPizzle. Equal Parts Grandpa, Punk and Metal.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
24/7/365 is incorrect. You want to say 24/365 or 24/7/52.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
I only know you're wrong because Hank William is no Merle Haggard. Therefore your logic is flawed. So I think I'll just stay here and drink.



Tripp's taste in music in this instance is unquestionable. Say what you will, but the dude has my respect in this instance. But I agree, let's drink.


There's room in my life for Hank. And Merle. And Waylon. And Willie. And Johnny. And Kris.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
robigo wrote:
I won't be old enough to listen to Hank Williams until 2117. Johnny Cash, on the other hand, ....


Well, there are three generations of the guy, so you can pick your poison.

Hank Williams Sr: Authentic, genuine Country music. Respectable.
Hank Williams Jr: Ugh. Pretty much everything wrong with modern country.
Hank Williams III: This guy is the shizzle my RSPizzle. Equal Parts Grandpa, Punk and Metal.


Junior's stuff from the 80s makes for some good late-night singalong/karaoke times. At least Family Tradition, if nothing else. Things went downhill for him fast sometime around doing the MNF theme, though.

And really, you can't go wrong with this, anytime.:

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.