Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to the Rank 4 question - when creating the AI token 'deck' do you add in all 4 of the Rank 2 tokens, even though 2 say "2x" on them? Does this make it twice as likely that the Green Mamushi will appear (using the three 'basic' ISC characters, 1x Black Ubume, 1x Blue Rikishi, and 1x Green Mamushi, for example?) That would seem to make sense.

Also, if you flip a bot (Rank 1) token, but have no more bot minis of that type, what do you do? I randomly substituted a different bot.

Lastly, the rules seem to indicate that once a token is revealed it is added back into the draw pile. This makes is possible that you will only ever see the little Rank 1 bots, which makes for an easy game.

I played the first scenario of the co-op rules (playing solo), and it seemed very easy. I played on normal, but I got 4 characters off the board. Only poor Freedom was lost, though Ashton had 8/9 wounds. I just made a bee-line for the least crowded airlock, and had little problem. The main ISC characters never appeared, so it was no problem. I think keeping the Rank 1 tokens out (not adding them back into the draw pile until it is exhausted) would help out some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor H
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that you put the tokens back, but after the first game we stopped doing that, as it increases the odds of facing the big bots. In the last game we also played that if a big bot is in play you put that many stars of small bots in play instead.
And yes you put all the rank 2 tokens in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.