Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fernando Worst
Brazil
Santa Cruz do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working in this program to draft teams for casual play!

http://www.4shared.com/zip/JWLZyyE9ba/drafter.html

Basically, both players remove two characters from the pool, then pick 6, alternately.

If you guys can try it and give me some feedback, I'll improve the idea and the system.

* English is not my primary language...I hope you can understand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea. We were trying to come up with some interesting draft rules ourselves...

One thing we were thinking of is based on the fact that we normally play best 2 out of 3. And we were thinking that it might be cool to have some small team changes after each game. Like maybe after each game each player is allowed to swap out one hero for a new one (and can reallocate dice).

Or maybe after each game each player picks a one of the other player's heroes and that player has to swap it out for a new one. That would help keep someone from using a card that is OP in more than one game while not banning the card entirely (though I personally have not encountered a card that was that OP).

Anyway - something that might add an element of strategy from game to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas P.
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally think that a Dota/LoL style pick and ban system would make this game a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearce
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have been playing and we have started picking alternativly to make a team then in the next game we do the same but we are not allowed to pick any of the same cards again in proceding games until we have used all of the cards. it's been fun but challenging at the end when left with scraps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Worst
Brazil
Santa Cruz do Sul
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took Dota as inspiration to make the program...each team have 1 min per choice, if the time expires then the program will take a random character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
We have been using a random number generator to pick 20 cards including everything but SR. Then we each may reject one card and roll to see who picks first. First pick is followed by 2 picks and then 1 pick each until cards are gone. Similar for action cards. We end up with 9 or 10 cards and can switch out cards between games from that team to try something slightly different. We end up playing 5-10 games with those teams trying to maximize them. It has been a blast so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.