Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Black Widow "Covert Ops" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richie Tran
msg tools
Is Covert Ops a dynamic attack value or is it static based on when it's played?

Say I play it first and have 5 bystanders in my hand. Giving her 5 attack. I then use 5 Black Widow "Dangerous Rescue" to KO cards to rescue 5 more bystanders, since that affect can only happen once I use another covert card (Covert Ops). Does Covert Ops now have an attack of 10 since there are now 10 bystanders or 5 since it was played before those 5 other bystanders were in the pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The values of cards lock in when played, unless they specifically say they do something when something else happens.

In this particular case, she locks in at five since that was the value at the time she was played.

Cheers!

Edit: just to clarify, you only played one covert ops right? If you played two, one before the five dangerous rescue and one after, the first one locks in at five attack but the second one will have ten when played if you have ten bystanders by the time you play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Static based on when it was played.

Otherwise it would say "whenever you rescue a bystander this turn you would gain..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Tran
msg tools
Thanks, so the best way to play a hand of 5 Dangerous Rescue and one Covert Operations would be:

Play one Dangerous for no effect, play the remaining 4 to KO cards to rescue 4 bystanders and then play Covert Ops for attack of 9?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
SoljaRTT wrote:
Thanks, so the best way to play a hand of 5 Dangerous Rescue and one Covert Operations would be:

Play one Dangerous for no effect, play the remaining 4 to KO cards to rescue 4 bystanders and then play Covert Ops for attack of 9?

Yes, that is the best way to play that hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.