Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing Kaosball the second time with me playing Amazon against Ogre. I was playing my friend's copy (still waiting for my set to arrive) and found Ogre's stomp to be very annoying.

I realise positioning was an issue and should not place my units adjacent to any Ogre when another adjacent space is blocked by another unit or Wall. When it came to my opponent turn, he camera Ogre's stomp to push me to a space occupied by a unit or to a Wall to subsequently knock me down. Though I won the game by a small margin, it was frustrating when I had 3 of my units got knocked down.

I hate how Ogre on their turn place a Wall adjacent to my unit and then use Stomp to push me to the Wall for auto knock-down.

However, it was my mistake to choose the wrong "upgrades". I should fight for the the "Hate" tile but let it go because I find that Ogre with their high health points, 4 to both Runner and Bruiser. I initially thought it will be difficult to kill them but found out that the +2 to the Attack was highly potent in inflicting damage.

Anyhow, I need to get to know the potential of each team and see what upgrades and Ringers combine well with them. I think I was unfamiliar with game yet which leads yo the marginal win despite Amazon being a very strong team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure it might be annoying but that and their high health are pretty much all the Ogres have going for them. Don't steal their sunshine man!

Regarding the Amazons, there are a few items I will always make them pay a ton of cash for. One is the 'Hate' upgrade, and the other is the Butcher ringer. If Hate comes up it is almost an auto-purchase for Amazons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No Hate, good stomps, and Amazons still won. Not surprised

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Grindling
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe the Ogre's stomp can only push a figure straight back, so it only knocks down the figure if someones behind you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fixxxer76 wrote:
I believe the Ogre's stomp can only push a figure straight back, so it only knocks down the figure if someones behind you

This is correct. Its not the same "push" effect that happens when you loose a tackling contest you initiated (which is a shame imo. One term for two different effects)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this mean the Ogre can only push figures away from the Ogre units using Stomp and not to the side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Choong
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this written somewhere or stated in the official FAQ? Hate to go through the game session debating on the rules due to different interpretations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McDonald
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure ? I can't find that point in the faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McDonald
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake, it's the fact that it works through walls that's in the faq. Not sure where I saw the rule clarification now sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ogres card says to push backwards. It includes a directional component in the instruction

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.