Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals » Hot Deals - Europe

Subject: [Gone!] Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hambidge
United Kingdom
Oxford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
£30.98 Delivered (UK). In Stock at 360 games.

http://www.365games.co.uk/strategy-card-games/glory-to-rome-...

whistle
12 
 Thumb up
1.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cox
United Kingdom
Abingdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Great spot!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Really great spot!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
I nabbed this last time it came back on there. I knew one of the Secret Cabal rate it stupidly highly and I knew it was rare so I grabbed it. So so so glad I did. Just brilliant. Was £13 cheaper than this 4 months ago though.

Also on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glory-to-Rome-Black-Box-Edition-Br... Still well well well worth it.

You really do need to sleeve this game though. The ink chips off the cards very easily. Was worth breaking my "I will not sleeve ever ever ever" policy for.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Well spotted! They even offer free shipping to the US and Australia at that price!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ike
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Missed it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

(Missed it.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Thanks
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
I nabbed this last time it came back on there. I knew one of the Secret Cabal rate it stupidly highly and I knew it was rare so I grabbed it. So so so glad I did. Just brilliant. Was £13 cheaper than this 4 months ago though.

Also on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glory-to-Rome-Black-Box-Edition-Br... Still well well well worth it.

You really do need to sleeve this game though. The ink chips off the cards very easily. Was worth breaking my "I will not sleeve ever ever ever" policy for.


Out of interest, what sleeves did you go for in the end? Mine is dangerously unsleeved!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
benosteen wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
I nabbed this last time it came back on there. I knew one of the Secret Cabal rate it stupidly highly and I knew it was rare so I grabbed it. So so so glad I did. Just brilliant. Was £13 cheaper than this 4 months ago though.

Also on eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Glory-to-Rome-Black-Box-Edition-Br... Still well well well worth it.

You really do need to sleeve this game though. The ink chips off the cards very easily. Was worth breaking my "I will not sleeve ever ever ever" policy for.


Out of interest, what sleeves did you go for in the end? Mine is dangerously unsleeved!


http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0007N7PB2/ref=pe_385721_37038051...

As I understand it they're "inner" sleeves for other card sleeves, but they do, as described, fit perfectly, and are completely transparent.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Panayi
United Kingdom
Harrow
flag msg tools
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Thanks for the advice regarding sleeving.

Do you mean the sleeves fit the cards perfectly, or the sleeved cards fit in the box insert perfectly, or both? I tried a different type, but they didn't fit in the box insert.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Great to hear about the sleeves, I'l give them a go Only other games I've sleeved so far have been Lewis & Clark, RftG (as a shuffle aid) and LotR LCG (ditto).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
How necessary would you say sleeving is? I never sleeve!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Glory to Rome Black Box - In Stock @ 360 Games
Muemmelmann wrote:
How necessary would you say sleeving is? I never sleeve!


Very necessary apparently:

TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
You really do need to sleeve this game though. The ink chips off the cards very easily. Was worth breaking my "I will not sleeve ever ever ever" policy for.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Friis
Denmark
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is this game really in such high demand? I have a spare Kickstarter copy laying around that I'd might be willing to part with. The bottom of the box is pretty warped, but the game is still in the original shrink-wrap.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is pretty popular
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenfriis wrote:
Is this game really in such high demand? I have a spare Kickstarter copy laying around that I'd might be willing to part with. The bottom of the box is pretty warped, but the game is still in the original shrink-wrap.


Nope. Not at all. But I'll show mercy and trade you a hardly used copy of Carcassonne for it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


This is my Glory To Rome, as of 6.4 minutes ago. The "Perfect fit" sleeves do not fit the insert comfortably, and that seemed to defeat one of the main benefits of sleeve - easy shuffling.

So I also took the Foamcore plunge and made some inserts as well. But you can see how snug a fit they are on the cards themselves.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a refund to my PayPal account without even a note or explanation attached. So much for that. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well they're already on Marketplace for £50+...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine just got shipped
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Well they're already on Marketplace for £50+...


There was confirmation the other day from Robert Seater, who is in some way affiliated with CGF, that GTR was being reprinted in both IV and Black Box editions this year:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16115997#16115997

Given GamesLore has an RRP on the black box edition of £25, those marketplace copies will probably become suddenly difficult to shift in a short while...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Well they're already on Marketplace for £50+...


There was confirmation the other day from Robert Seater, who is in some way affiliated with CGF, that GTR was being reprinted in both IV and Black Box editions this year:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16115997#16115997

Given GamesLore has an RRP on the black box edition of £25, those marketplace copies will probably become suddenly difficult to shift in a short while...
Oh hopefully. It's essentially a very cheap game. 100+ cards and 6 mats. Not a pricey thing to make. I'm more than happy for the rarity of my copy to drop through the floor if more people get to play it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:
Well they're already on Marketplace for £50+...


There was confirmation the other day from Robert Seater, who is in some way affiliated with CGF, that GTR was being reprinted in both IV and Black Box editions this year:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16115997#16115997

Given GamesLore has an RRP on the black box edition of £25, those marketplace copies will probably become suddenly difficult to shift in a short while...


Thanks for sharing this! You've just made this the first occasion where I've been grateful for a cancelled order!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.