Popular Tags: [View All]
tidus09
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mb
Hello everyone
I have some questions about 2 cards
1. Healing ray: when I am in Tokyo, and I roll 3 heart symbols. I can not use it for me, but can I use it for another players, heal them and get energy from them? Can they refuse my healing?
2. Shrink ray: I have shrink ray and I attack Kraken. So he has a shrinkray counter. In kraken's turn, he roll with 5 dices and does not have heart symbol for getting rid the shrink ray counter. In my turn, I attack him again. Do I give him an addition shink counter. And in kraken turn, he will roll with 4 dices, is this right?
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tootsie Roll
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I came. I saw.
badge
I lost miserably.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the official response on #1, so I will let someone else answer.

#2: Yes, he takes an additional shrink ray counter and is down to 2 dice. If this continues, they could conceivably eventually run out of dice and roll no dice on their turn.

Edit: That would truly be brutal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
jentinma wrote:
I don't know the official response on #1, so I will let someone else answer.

#2: Yes, he takes an additional shrink ray counter and is down to 2 dice. If this continues, they could conceivably eventually run out of dice and roll no dice on their turn.

Did you mean to say and is down to 2 dice? Which would leave him with 4 dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the healing ray is that they cannot refuse your healing. They gain health, and you take their energy. It's not up to them. You choose who gets zapped, healed, and has energy drained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tidus09 wrote:
1. Healing ray: when I am in Tokyo, and I roll 3 heart symbols. I can not use it for me, but can I use it for another players, heal them and get energy from them? Can they refuse my healing?

The FAQ http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/743476/faq-in-english-answer...
"Heart dice and healing in Tokyo...
Healing ray: The king of Tokyo can use the heart dice to heal others. The king of tokyo can be healed by the healing ray."

Other players cannot refuse healing. If you heal them they MUST pay you.
Note: You also must actually heal them. If they are at maximum life they don't have to pay, as no healing was done.

tidus09 wrote:
2. Shrink ray: I have shrink ray and I attack Kraken. So he has a shrinkray counter. In kraken's turn, he roll with 5 dices and does not have heart symbol for getting rid the shrink ray counter. In my turn, I attack him again. Do I give him an addition shink counter. And in kraken turn, he will roll with 4 dices, is this right?

Players can gain multiple Shrink counters.
Thus it is usually a good idea to make removing the Shrink Counters your top priority.

Usually you can only gain 1 counter per round, but between Mimic, and the handful of cards that let players take extra turns it is possible to get a couple before you have a chance to remove any.
If you do get 6 (or more) Shrink Counters, then you will most likely lose, as you can roll no dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.