thomas salley

Alabama
msg tools
I want to play this game solo, but with 4 characters. I've set it up, but it takes an enormous amount of space. I've been thinking of ways to use my Mac for all, or part of the game to save space. I was thinking of using excel just to keep up with character decks. I ran across Cardwarren for iPad which is a cool idea, but with 4 characters I'm afraid of running out of room again.

I remember from my old days as a MTG player that there where many programs used to assist in playing the game online. I don't need the online play aspect, basically I just want to put my decks together and show them on a tabletop. I've scanned my cards in, so the ability to use the images would be great. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I want to play on a tray on my lap I use a non-slip mat and an 8-slot business card holder to hold the location and blessings deck. Perhaps a second holder could be pressed into service to hold the character decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edge Of Dreams
msg tools
http://www.vassalengine.org/ - the VASSAL engine will do what you want. It's a program designed for simulating any board game on a computer. There's tons of publicly shared modules for various games, but you'd have to script your own for this I think. Vassal handles decks, dice, tokens, etc. all very nicely, and you can scan in your own images and script your own game events and such. It even does multi-window stuff so you can keep each player's deck and hands in a separate window and tab between them as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Clyne
England
Hazlemere
Bucks
flag msg tools
Empire of the Midnight Beard
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is also implemented in OCTGN. The only thing you may have to do is to scan all the cards as AEG has requested that the pictures are removed from the cards that are distributed in OCTGN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas salley

Alabama
msg tools
I think OCTGN is PC only. I'm on MAC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
graffspree wrote:
I think OCTGN is PC only. I'm on MAC.

They at least made a test client some time back. I have no idea if it still works: http://help.octgn.net/support/discussions/topics/46055

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.