Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Night Beast free focussing action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
Is it possible with Night Beast to get two focus actions after performing a green maneuver (one as its free action and one as its normal action)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
nakorrrr wrote:
Is it possible with Night Beast to get two focus actions after performing a green maneuver (one as its free action and one as its normal action)?

You cannot perform the same action twice, even if one is free.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Wegener
Germany
flag msg tools
Ok thank you
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Woodworth
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to make sure it's clear.

You can't preform the action twice. But that doesn't mean you can't have 2+ focus tokens, or use more then one focus in the same turn.

Some people new to the game confuse the Action with the Token.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also please note that if Night Beast is stressed the green maneuver that clears his stress doesn't give him his ability that turn due to the order of the activation phase.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Danath wrote:
Also please note that if Night Beast is stressed the green maneuver that clears his stress doesn't give him his ability that turn due to the order of the activation phase.


Sorry I don't understand this, I thought once a green manoeuvre remove stress token then carry on as normal.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stevieram wrote:
Danath wrote:
Also please note that if Night Beast is stressed the green maneuver that clears his stress doesn't give him his ability that turn due to the order of the activation phase.


Sorry I don't understand this, I thought once a green maneuver remove stress token then carry on as normal.


Refer to page 7 in the rule book.

1. Reveal Dial
2. Set Template
3. Execute Maneuver (Night Beast's ability is here)
4. Check Stress (clearing stress or adding stress is here)

That means if Night Beast is stressed he can't get his ability since free actions can't be performed while stressed.

It's also in the FAQ.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Danath wrote:
Stevieram wrote:
Danath wrote:
Also please note that if Night Beast is stressed the green maneuver that clears his stress doesn't give him his ability that turn due to the order of the activation phase.


Sorry I don't understand this, I thought once a green maneuver remove stress token then carry on as normal.


Refer to page 7 in the rule book.

1. Reveal Dial
2. Set Template
3. Execute Maneuver (Night Beast's ability is here)
4. Check Stress (clearing stress or adding stress is here)

That means if Night Beast is stressed he can't get his ability since free actions can't be performed while stressed.

It's also in the FAQ.


Ahh, thanks as you can tell I'm completely new to this, where can I get the FAQ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on my phone or else I would link the support page but, www.fantasyflightgames.com . Go to x-wing and then support.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gotcha. Here's the link:
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Watts
msg tools
Danath wrote:
Stevieram wrote:
Danath wrote:
Also please note that if Night Beast is stressed the green maneuver that clears his stress doesn't give him his ability that turn due to the order of the activation phase.


Sorry I don't understand this, I thought once a green maneuver remove stress token then carry on as normal.


Refer to page 7 in the rule book.

1. Reveal Dial
2. Set Template
3. Execute Maneuver (Night Beast's ability is here)
4. Check Stress (clearing stress or adding stress is here)

That means if Night Beast is stressed he can't get his ability since free actions can't be performed while stressed.

It's also in the FAQ.


I'm assuming this rule has since been clarified by FFG since the above comments are not correct. FAQ v4 specifically states that performing a green maneuver DOES clear the stress AND enables Night Beast's free focus action ability. Actions are granted AFTER stress is removed.

Link to FAQ below. See p.9

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/f7/1d...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Alexander
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GigaWats wrote:
I'm assuming this rule has since been clarified by FFG since the above comments are not correct.

It wasn't "clarified", really. That ruling used to be correct.

It's wrong now, though, because FFG change the fundamental timing of maneuvers and stress in the new Force Awakens rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Watts
msg tools
It seems pretty clear in the FAQ (see link above) as it explicitly states that he can perform his free focus action. I'm new to the game and was unaware that the rule shift you describe occurred so recently. So many rules!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.