Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine well before deciding to buy Escalation and it didn't come with rules. I searched them out and could have sworn that I read these cards should be removed if the expansion is used. I now have the expansion (and another pack of bonus planets :/ ), but I can't find where I read that. I also don't see any reason that they wouldn't be compatible -- especially since they came in the box. Was it just a fever dream?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason why you can't use these with Escalation. Depending on the group I can come up with some reasons why people might not like them as much, but Escalation contains Prestige planets for one thing, so I think you were dreaming.

EDIT: FWIW There are some people who may want the bonus planets. If you don't need it offer it up on the spare parts geeklist or post an EmDo thread. Alternately they make great book marks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bonus Planets ARE compatible with Escalation. I don't know what you might have read to the contrary.

Note that Utopian planets, because of their ability to mimic planets you already have in play, do NOT help you acquire Double Time when doing research!

In other words, if the only 2 planets you have are Advanced and Utopian, you do not qualify to purchase Double Time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Lane
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do they "copy" exotic as well with the exotica expansion planets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lathaos1 wrote:
Do they "copy" exotic as well with the exotica expansion planets?

Utopian planets mimic any planet type you already have in play, including Exotic and Prestige. Of course, copying a Prestige planet isn't helpful.

Note also that while asteroids are planet cards when face down, once turned face up they are asteroids, not planets. So Utopian planets do not count as asteroids!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.