Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my AC died 2 nights ago in my condo. I live in Texas so the summer heat is killer. As it is, the best thing to do is just replace the unit, which is expensive and time-consuming. I won't be able to stay at home when the AC guys do their thing, so I gave them a spare key so they can get in and out.

The problem is the out: where do they leave the key when they leave? I don't have a welcome mat anymore, because months ago a cat or opossum or something pooped on it and I threw it away. It was old and nasty anyway. But the guy told me, "We need a mat or something to leave the key under. Just find something to use as a mat." So I thought about it awhile, and here's what I came up with:

At 1st I was hesitant, but truth be told I currently have 2 BattleCON playmats: this one and the Mascot promo one. And I should have 3 more after the new War comes out thanks to the Kickstarter pledge. So although I thought at 1st it was a waste of a good playmat, I have now decided that the opposite is true, because I don't NEED and certainly won't USE every one of these playmats when I play BattleCON. So having this one serve as my new welcome mat ensures it is actually used and for a pretty cool purpose if I say so myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.

I am a firm believer in the idea that if I am treating something as "too nice to ever use", I need an attitude adjustment. I don't know that it would have occurred to me to make my extra playmat a welcome mat, but I think it's awesome.

And I also agree with you that Juto vs. Borneo is the one to play on if you're using one for gaming and one for your front door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha! That's great.

Playmat does have "mat" in the name, so why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Ha! That's great.

You should rotate it 90 degrees so you're standing on opposing ends of the board when they open the door XD

The mats are machine washable, or so the supplier tells me, so even if you use it like this for a while, you might be able to wash it and have it be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Ha! That's great.

You should rotate it 90 degrees so you're standing on opposing ends of the board when they open the door XD

The mats are machine washable, or so the supplier tells me, so even if you use it like this for a while, you might be able to wash it and have it be fine.

If a fight breaks out, make sure to remind them that once they throw a punch they have to wait two beats for it to cycle through their discard before using it again. This may stop the fight altogether though . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.