Subject: monster placement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jouni Rayndeer
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
When does one replace a task and when does one add a new task?

ty in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
By "replace a task" do you mean "put the monster on one of the white-bordered task spaces on the Adventures cards"?

If so, you always do that as long as there is one without a monster on it. Only if they all have monsters on them do you start adding monsters as extra tasks at the bottom of Adventure cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jouni Rayndeer
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Ty, got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what you're asking but if you're curious about monsters, I can say this:

Monster tasks are only removed after the entire adventure was passed (or failed). You take the monster as a trophy if you completed the monster task regardless of if the whole adventure was passed. In this way, you might be able to remove monsters to make an adventure easier to pass in the future.

Newly-placed monsters are put onto the white monster task outlines. This causes the monster to add to an adventure, or replace some or all of a currently visible task.

If a monster must be placed but there are no available white outlines, you must place the monster under an adventure where it becomes an additional task. You must place the monster onto the adventure with the fewest monsters, in this case. This serves to keep the monsters spread out so that you can't pile them all onto one hard adventure and ignore them.

If the completion of an adventure causes a new monster to appear, you draw the replacement adventure before placing the monster.

(I think all of the above is correct)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vickruck
Canada
Moncton
flag msg tools

RE: "If the completion of an adventure causes a new monster to appear, you draw the replacement adventure before placing the monster."

I would argue that the monster appears as part of the reward for the card and therefore is acted on immediately before the card is replaced. This is my interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrmaticus wrote:

RE: "If the completion of an adventure causes a new monster to appear, you draw the replacement adventure before placing the monster."

I would argue that the monster appears as part of the reward for the card and therefore is acted on immediately before the card is replaced. This is my interpretation.

The FAQ covers this

FAQ wrote:
Q: Can monsters that are part of a ‘reward’ be placed on the new adventure entering play?
A: Yes. When placing monsters, replace any missing Adventure cards first, and then place the monster markers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.