Subject: The long saga of the miniatures rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I took the time to load the entire comment history from the campaign, I wanted to summarize the history of the miniatures for this game. I have attempted to capture every comment and update from Mick Leach (the miniatures guy) and Elad related to the miniatures between Nov 1, 2012 and now. It is tough to draw any conclusions about this (a lot of "he said, she said"), but I wanted to collect it all in one place.

Quote:
Mick leach on Nov 11, 2012
Hi guys from the minis end of things I can report the minis from the lead sculptor are coming along nicely the December goal is still on track..

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 4, 2013
Hi guys Mick here thought to chime in and show you the greens for the game now they are near completed aside a touch up or 2..one will receive a bow..and another will receive a hammer.thoughts?

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 15, 2013
Hi guys the greens all arrive tomorrow through Fedex I shall snap pics and update you tomorrow and this week have them all sent into the que next week to be at our caster

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 15, 2013
Hi guys a quick snap I will see about getting better individual ones also. https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/154115_101512360...

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 18, 2013
Hi guys a few better close ups of the minis: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/
on the Facebook support group there is a update he says coming in a few days((top post))
https://www.facebook.com/groups/357428067672165/

Quote:
Christopher right the Facebook is just a support site for more discussion etc.
I am passing news along to show you he plans on updating you guys according to the post on Wednesday on the Facebook forum,.. I agree though more updates should happen so I can indeed understand concerns.

Quote:
Hi Carroll no I dont work for GEG I am owner of my own company who produces miniatures for people wanting that service..this project is one of several we have supported from that angle.As support I want to see my partner in this endeavor come through and both us have a excellent product in the end.
My website: www.easternfront-studios.net

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 9, 2013
Hi guys received the bases to be added to all the minis today..we were originally going with slotta but that meant needing extra bases included..so we now have new premade bases we can add to the minis now they have been fixed..here is a pic of the base which if you want you can still add to a 30mm lipped base.=
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/164625_101513954...
also 2 shots of existing greens ((non FCOK))..on the base and the base as a insert on a 30mm
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/547601_101513954...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/557955_101513954...

Quote:
Mick leach on May 2, 2013
all the minis are finally fixed and slottas added..i will share pics tomorrow ..any luck the caster will be casting these in the next week or so.

Quote:

Quote:
Mick leach on May 21, 2013
Hi guys well the 12 minis are off to the caster..I know its not much consolation with the delays happening with the game but I wanted to chime in and tell some good news.

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 1, 2013
Derrick I sent in the miniatures for the order((molds and casts)) and the quotes were received but then a day later the caster said he thought he over quoted on the minis if we decided to do resin..so waiting on that to be sent to me..otherwise Im ready to order the total and send the minis to Elad's shipping address here in the US..all the minis will come with 30mm round lipped bases also.they also said if we do metal the minis would be done 2-3 weeks..resin more like 6..as the molds wear out faster being silicon..not vulcanized rubber like for metal...so thats where we are on them.just thought to update you guys on this.

Quote:
ok no sooner then I post this the caster chimes in..so the verdict is metal miniatures..I gave him the green light not 2 minutes ago

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 4, 2013
your welcome guys I am not sure the time in which they will arrive once they are shipped to Elad as we are having them all bulk shipped to his address in the states direct from our caster.Elad is himself located in Israel and in the IDF maybe some of the delays on him responding I do not know.I dont see him myself but rarely on skype or facebook.not a excuse for Elad just saying.

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 18, 2013
Hi guys happy to say the minis are all made and paid and should be shipped here by Friday via UPS

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 19, 2013
minis were sent day i paid so a day early looks like tomorrow by end of day stay tuned!!

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 20, 2013
Hi guys the minis arrived today!! they look pretty snazzy..I am posting the pics I snapped as soon as they arrived..and have washed the 12 you see to show you even better pics tonight once they are dry and buffed and based.so here we go:
the 12: https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1
/1009890_10151507815716903_1051992005_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1012187_10151507...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1000439_10151507...
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/983947_101515078...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/10142...

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 21, 2013
2600 minis in hand at the moment and more can be bought as needed,.. Elad had me order some more extra...also Im just waiting to add them ready available from my facebook store.this or next week.

Quote:
Mick leach on Jun 21, 2013
Hi guys well looking back over the miniatures query since thats my end of things ((but not shipping unless it was a painted set we were offering at $249))..I looked at the last update and it says:
Minis rewards:
***As we finally got our latest minis molds and first casts we can start production of the miniatures.
We will send all minis backers a survey by the beginning of next week. ***
it does seem there was supposed to be a separate survey for the people who did have the miniatures in either the :
$35, $80, $99, and last $249 amounts
I will see if I can get in contact with Elad also as it seems that last survey should have went out to you over 2 weeks ago.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Jun 21, 2013
@niels: you will get an e-mail shortly.
For the rest, we just want to find more backers who did not get their copy yet. Please fill the survey so we can start packing the minis.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Jun 21, 2013
@Jason: 99$ & 249$ will go tomorrow as you guys can choose some minis.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Jun 24, 2013
@Anthony & Jason:
We just sent the first minis surveys (35$+80$). We evaluate them and now we can post the rest of the surveys (99$+250$), which are a bit more complicated as you have a choice to submit.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Jun 26, 2013
@ Robert:You get all 12 minis + 6 you can pick from the Heroes minis + 2 extra miniatures from stretch goal (55K$).
The minis names and details can be found on Karez project page and you can find on our FB page their pictures:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/10118...
I strongly recommend to choose option 1 as I designed it to use with the "Dark Passage" game.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Jul 12, 2013
BTW, we just finished sending all miniature surveys. We will wait two weeks for them to be filled. 75% of the minis have already been produced and we are waiting to get the final count so we can finish producing, packing and shipping.

Quote:
Mick leach on Aug 21, 2013
Hi guys thought to chime in since Gencon is now over.. myself I'm in a holding pattern so to speak on more miniature amounts & receiving postage to ship all the miniatures out to you guys from Elad/GoldenEggGames as he decided to have "me" ship instead of his family contact here in the US.Stay tuned as soon as I know something I will chime in also.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Aug 24, 2013
Miniatures and the rest of the expansions are already in production/finished and we are waiting to ship them separately (which cost more for us!) so you will get your rewards as soon as they will be ready for shipping.

Quote:
Mick leach on Aug 30, 2013
Eric minis are ready to go on my end. Elad has decided for me to ship here in the US just waiting on those shipping funds to arrive.

Quote:
Mick leach on Sep 1, 2013
Michael, I imagine this coming week? once Elad sends me the $ for shipping & add on order details for the numbers via spread sheet we can get everything going out to you guys. the caster did a really nice job so I hope to be able to continue the line for you great backers and Elad with more miniature expansions.

Quote:
Mick leach on Oct 3, 2013
Elad contacted me yesterday so I suspect we will see more updates shortly.

Quote:
Mick leach on Nov 20, 2013
hi guys Mick here well its been a month and some change since I was supposed to see the 2nd email of everyone's address and orders not to mention shipping money so I now honestly do not know what to tell you as the minis have been here for months sitting in my back room...

Quote:
Anthony Johnson on Nov 20, 2013
At this point mick id be happy to send you 10bucks over paypal just to get my minis shipped.

Quote:
Mick leach on Nov 20, 2013
Anthony, I had considered that option also for those that maybe wanted to do that so at least at this stage we are seeing the minis go out to people and get some positive back to the discussion.Its a shame we have to go this route ((it would be like you guys paying double/triple shipping from what has already been paid)) but I would be willing to do this for you guys like I say.Let me debate today what would be the best route to take but I think we can manage it.THOUGHTS?

Quote:
Mick leach on Nov 28, 2013
Chipmunk we are still waiting on 2 things here before they can be shipped :
1. money for packaging/shipping from Goldenegg
2. follow up 2nd list of addresses
so hopefully with this last update we will finally see this get to green light go as far as the minis are concerned.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on Nov 28, 2013
@Mick: Please check your e-mail.
All address are ready for your shipment.

Quote:
Mick leach on Nov 28, 2013
got the email.check that off the list

Quote:
Mick leach on Dec 11, 2013
Hi Gerdon/Matt S. the minis have not started going out yet and here is one of several reasons why..
the update was written November 13 saying 1-2 weeks later..BUT we did not get the pdf of the backers until Dec.3rd...once we did & start looking into all the backers we see a couple are missing still the $35+ people and $250 people..Since we have not been paid for the packaging yet to do the shipping we must calculate ALL the shipping for at least the US & Canada based on individuals orders.((that means me finding out EXACTLY how much it needs to be plus the costs of packaging.))
So thats where I am on shipping peoples minis here in the states I just informed Elad there were some missing from the list so Im sure he will fix that asap.In the next few days i hope to see this all lined out and my part of this project start to go to our backers.

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 2
Hi guys chiming in again on the minis.We are still short some addresses via email but seems we now have the estimates for shipping.so I will get the shipping amount estimate to Elad in the next few days for the amount we think we need to get all the US and Canadian backers minis to start going out.

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 22
Matt, thanks yep i just spoke to Elad some 30+ minutes ago he wants to do shipping of one set of backers first.I guess this is easier in keeping it all straight.

Quote:
Mick leach on Jan 31
Hi guys no news this week my fault there mostly due to weather here in Kentucky..I could not get out to even do shipping even if I had the money in hand due to the nasty snow and cold..by Monday I will be off to buy the shipping supplies baggies and bubblewrap and hit up Elad for the first shipping.thanks for the kind words I hope it will all eventually turn around for the project.

Quote:
Mick leach on Feb 6
no worries Fleabane all good the painted are still being worked on via our pal in the Phillipinnes so I have not seen them come back to the shop yet.

Quote:
Mick leach on Feb 10
hi guys sent Elad the first amount request we need to start shipping the minis out so I'm zip bagging up orders now and putting the ones with multiple pieces ((the flower & knight)) in the tiny zip baggies so you know for sure who gets what part..Im sure its simple but easier.I must now talk to our post office and order a pile of the flat rate boxes.SO just wanted to chime in again let you know where I am this week.

Quote:
Mick leach on Feb 10
ok let me confirm this again
1. I sent Elad the request via Facebook pm tonight for the money through Paypal to ship the first 100 canadian and american backers.as of lets see 11:47pm EST no money has arrived
2. I have been packaging the minis up in zip bags and the amount backers should get.
3. I do not have ALL the packaging here to do shipping yet ((the free)) USPS priority mailers but do have some plus bubble wrap and baggies.
4. the minis will start to go out this week
5. when they do go out I will let you know via pm/email or some method you have a package on the way with a trackable number.

Quote:
Mick leach on Feb 27
Jeff very valid points you are not wrong. Yes my part is to make the miniatures only but when I saw things going south comms wise I knew I would not let my end slide.You have to stay in the loop with the backers.I'm on the net all day ((my minis business allows me to stay home and work)) so I don't mind checking in and adding my 2 cents especially If I'm somehow connected to the project.So yeah its all good I don't mind.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 6
Andrew sorry for the late response much appreciated pal.I am slowly getting these out to you guys and look forward to hearing your feedback on them.Much thanks again for the vote of confidence.
Frank Harrington you will definitely be getting your minis that's my end of it.slow going but they are now trickling out.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 11
Hi Ernie Barrett scroll back to Feb 5th here in messages you will see the minis...they are made and the $80 backers packages have started going out.I'm still playing catch up on the first shipments mostly now waiting on more free packaging from the post office our pal there ordered.anyways that end is indeed made as I am over it.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 12
Hi Aaron no the $80 are the first to go. Elad wanted to do one or the other first but not all at once.so after these 100 packages go out the $99 backer payment will arrive and i can start on them.anyways your not missing anything.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 21
Hi guys looks like Elad has decided to ask for a refund for all the shipping money he sent me through paypal for the $80 packages.So all the remaining minis will be shipped to someone else.really at a loss here as I thought I was helping...

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 21
Hi Ricky/Carroll, I guess we will sort it out later.I'm not going to lie I'm pretty annoyed as much as I tried to be a voice in this whole project answering everyone I could here and through emails.I could write a huge rant but that wouldn't do anyone any good.Carroll yes they sat in my back room for 6-7 months and when i didnt ship them all in a month when the money did arrive Im the one holding up the process....thats the punch line.

Update #31, Mar 23, 2014
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451575426/fallen-city-o...

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 23
all I got to say after reading the update is WOW..
we will work something out with you guys it seems I was going to be the target of the blame but the people here are smarter then that who knows who has been trying to make lemonaide from lemons again worst part is someone I was trying to help because he was hiding his head in the sand from the backers..doing multiple other kickstarters and ignoring you guys for now lets see what is it come the 28th 4 months?...sorry goldenEgg the backers arent buying it.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 24
Aaron well its a matter now of the shipping money it was never about the production or the other bits that has been done for a good long while which my esteemed colleague would have you in his last update make you lead to believe I had did nothing....but back to the shipping when someone decides to do a chargeback on paypal ..paypal then immediately takes the money from your account ((on hold)) and the only way you can prove that they have been sent to please them is to the address which they were paid from...if minis are going everywhere but there im sure you see the issue.It all boils down he wants this bad mark to go away and continue onwards...

Quote:
ok no sooner then I post this the caster chimes in..so the verdict is metal miniatures..I gave him the green light not 2 minutes ago

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 24
Jeff well technically there never was a contract made only the miniatures money made in this duckshoot was to go to EFS..if and when later he wanted more minis he would buy them from us..at a nice discount same as he offered us with the game at 60% off...we had spoke about having them cast in europe as a partner agreement but now I doubt I could trust GEG with anything now he has done this... so truly they are EFS property as far as the minis greens masters and molds go.the first casts I dont mind to send to him that was never a issue but the shipping balance..the remaining owed balance I must now check with so I dont miss anything.thats pretty much where i am.I just hate leaving the backers to their fate of will we ever see the minis once they go from here to the other place he asked them to be shipped.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 24
Ricky its safe to say none went to Indonesia yet I will ask my sister for the delivery confirmation numbers and the count before the brakes were put on hold.I think I gave her like 20 or so sets.plus the sculptors and carrolls and a few other packages to go out over those 2 or so weeks while i was dealing with my foot issues.

Quote:
Mick leach on Mar 30
I should mention again for those that maybe havent been following this close that until we sort out the shipping situation (( Elad doing the charge back through paypal for the first $80 backers which started this whole mess )) it is left to the backers paying for their packages direct from me to them.I am looking into that this week..international it could be quite pricey for the Austalian backers..in the US again somewhere in the range of $4-$7

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 1
Jeff yes the 28th he contacted me with a pretty poor apology which will have to be more considering the update #31 and the amount of non truths that thing spammed.One little email doesnt fix this to me by no means..my paypal is now blown up so i had to make another due to this also...a update #32 needs to read like I was totally wrong and laid blame on the wrong person etc etc.Here is the email I got:
Mick,
I get some reports that the minis are shipped and everything goes well.
I am willing to remove my claim if you can promise me to continue and ship all the minis as planned and quickly as you can.
Sorry that I doubted you,
so there is where he is.Thoughts?

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 1
Carroll no not any where near that amount but ONLY the $80 backer shipping money was sent through paypal not all of it (($35, $80, $99))...again I dont know why there either.
Matt his claim through paypal when someone opens a claim paypal doesnt ask any questions prior to removing it..they take that money out on hold right there and then asking if you would like to refund it, prove you shipped it ((to their address...you see the problem there if its going to everyone else how could i prove it)) or already refunded it...now given he has done this Im all for letting paypal refund him and letting the people who are tired of this pay for their own shipments as that seems by the flood of emails i have gotten what they prefer and Elad can refund them individually.but agreed there has to be a update #32 as Elad wants this little black mark to go away asap so he can obviously go back to business..and the minis for use within the game Im still in the dark also Matt...it sounded like a great idea in theory a game within a game but I dunno as I have not played the basic game yet.

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 1
Carroll I basically replied and told him he needed to do a update apology minus the nonsense that was stated in the previous update.So lets see what happens in the next little while..are we holding our breath?

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 2
well the refund to him went through yesterday so he did indeed get his $80 backer shipping money back through paypal.

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 5
it all comes down to this Floob,Robert, Anthony, everyone ... Elad can fix all this all he has to say in a update #32 was #31 was total nonsense. we all know ((who read here in the comments)) as some people now have their minis who chimed in here...just takes a few scrolls back seeing people chiming in saying yeah we got ours.Then if he wants to have another go and resend me the money I will accept it ((not through paypal..its too easy to have happen what did the last time)) and start shipping again with the backer shipping money because as you say if i ship now Im shipping out of my pocket.

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 11
Jeff Id be more then happy to continue on with the plan we had but step #1 is Public apology in update 32 & then the money resent again all at once no 3 separate amounts thats just ridiculous before I send him anything.until that happens basically its getting them shipped through me which seems to be what 95% of the people want to do.Is it fair to people who dont wanna pay extra; no but I cant afford it myself out of pocket & wont take the blame for what we know was a complete false update.

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 11
Carroll the amount he took back was not a great deal for the first 100 backers=$790
that said he intentionally did this as a delay tactic I believe to play follow up on the missing stuff he had not made and then lay blame to me ((claiming the minis had something to do with those..as if metal has anything to do with print/card products)) but as we know that little plan blew up in his face as we caught him in how many lies in update 31? After this I would never trust him as a partner again I could forgive it but I wouldn't forget it after I bent over backwards to help him and he tried to stab me in the back.When people started mentioning complaining on BGG and him threatening them with lawsuits thats when I said its went completely south...now he deserves all he gets.& the worse part of this is now another kickstarter thats soured who knows how many more people.

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 15
dont hold your breath Peter he wont even respond to me when i responded to him via direct response to his email on April 1st

Quote:
Mick leach on Apr 25
ok guys i finally got the NEW paypal sorted out so will start sending the payment requests for how you want to have your minis shipped thanks for baring with me.

Quote:
Mick leach on May 21
morning guys seems our new pal Robert III from Judges Guild helped solve the website issue so we dodged a bullet seems and we dont have to do a total make over and oh what is this...a NEW EMAIL FROM ELAD nearly 2 months later,..lets have a read shall we?
Mick,
I am trying to reach out and solve this issue on behalf of the backers.
Please let me know how many confirmed reward you shipped already and how we can move on and act like professionals (I get it your feeling got hurt and I am sorry it came to that but I was suffering daily from the situation as well to the point I had enough).
Let get this behind us and move each to his own path,
Elad
My response: When you do a new update and absolve me of your last one which was a total fiasco with heart felt apology we can start from there.you know what you must do to make this right.
Mick
His response:
Is this enough:
"
Finally,
I wish to apologize to Mr. Leach of EFS miniatures if by any mean I offended him.
The only thing that is important right now is to get the minis to you - the backers, so I call for Mr. Leach to pick up these minis and ship them to your backers."
So you guys can draw your own conclusions on this one ..myself I was born at night but not last night...

Quote:
Mick leach on May 21
lol yeah doesnt look like anything like a how can I smooth everything over for the new kickstarter asap he has planned.........no not at all ((sarcasm)).Wouldnt surprise me if it isnt him under a new name being its located where...((drum roll)) in Israel.I actually checked the BGG forum thread again thanks to the people who posted on my behalf who know the story since that last update.

Quote:
Mick leach on May 26
Jeff will do yes i see hes trying to paint it like hes waiting on me when in fact we all know we are waiting on a public apology here for that ridiculous update 31 that was shot down in flames and proved to be a fiasco.

Quote:
Jason Preder on May 29
Oh Wow! Elad is now sending out messages through KS mail asking us to harrass Mick Leach to send us our miniatures. He says to pay mick, and then send him the receipt for a full refund. ROFL...no way I'm sending Elad any more of my money.
"
Dear backers,
I want to let you know that your miniature rewards have been produced and are awaiting delivery by EFS miniatures.
I don't know why, but EFS is refusing to ship the miniatures to our warehouse as we agreed upon (and paid for). For some reason, Mr. Leach has sent miniatures only to backers who paid him for the postal fees.
I want to ask each and every one of you to contact Mr. Leach at:
easternfront.studios@gmail.com
and ask him to ship your rewards. If he asks for postal fees, please pay him and send me the receipt.
I WILL REFUND EACH RECEIPT!
We never wished for this to happen and I will do everything in my power to get you the rewards you paid for as soon as possible.
I hope that this solution will end this phase of the fulfillment, as the other rewards are in final stages of production.
Yours,
Elad
"

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on May 29
This is not about you and me - These minis belongs to the backers!
Please send them to my warehouse or let me pick them up (UPS) for you.
I wish to resolve this ASAP.

Quote:
Mick leach on May 29
Im more comfortable with sticking with my word and the backers getting them directly from EFS..and not causing more confusion as it seems GEG is under alot of pressure to get the slate wiped clean for more Kickstarters as are we all.Handle your end of things i will handle mine.

Quote:
@Mick: You once again running around your own tail. If you have the minis - let me have them.
I paid you for them - This is not a principle - they are not yours!
What do you suggest?!
To wait for your printer? And then what?
To wait a whole new month without miniatures you are keeping in your own warehouse for 4 months?
End this by giving me your address.

Quote:
@Mick: I never TOOK the money back. I requested a refund as you clearly did not fulfilled your part of the deal. You now admits that you are not ready to ship anything (due to printer problems) yet. If you have concerns about your company name - than hand over the minis you produced so I - the creator of this project - will fulfill and ship them out. Stalling and giving fake answers are not contributing to your cause.
Please send the minis! They are not yours!

Quote:
@Matt: If Karez was not a priority - Why did I paid to Mick on the 13.11.2012?
If Karez is not on my top concern - why am I continuing to invest and improve the game?
Why am I not sleeping right now?
I am getting tired from getting fake answers and stalling.
Please stop posting excuses - deliver what we all paid for!

Quote:
@Matt: a mail from the 28.11.2013:
"Mick,
Attached is the last file with all the minis you need to supply for the backers.
Please start packing and shipping all minis and let me know how much is the postage for all US and Canadian backers.
All the rest of the minis (backers without an address and all non-US backers) sets should be packed and ship to my warehouse at:
Name: Elad Goldsteen ....."

Quote:
@Matt: I tried this. I sent PRIVATE mails to Mick. But he chose to copy them here and to mock me once more. It is time you should know who is stalling here.

Quote:
Creator Golden Egg Games on May 30
What bus?! You had 6 months to ship the miniatures. You are still refusing to ship them. As I told you - these miniatures are not yours (nor mine) they belong to the backers who paid for them.

Quote:
Mick leach on May 30
that would mean you paid for the shipping of the $80 backers in end November?..my paypal reads Feb...
I dont need the minis I own the greens and molds as we agreed we would give each other 60% discount on each others products.
the truth is we all have been waiting on you to come out of hiding..if you had not did that for 4 months ((doing other kickstarters I might add ignoring all these backers )) maybe we would not be in a situation where you have enraged them here BGG etc..
I can take blame for not shipping all the $80 packages in a month but the rest is complete and utter bs you spread in that update..you know it as do the backers who are regulars here.

Quote:
@Mick: So what's now?
I only wish to get the minis to the backers, ship them to my warehouse or I will pick them up.Please choose and let us pass this. Flame war is not helping here.

Quote:
Mick leach on May 30
Im all for shipping the minis to you if the people want them delivered to you otherwise i think we will carry on shipping to people emailing asking please ship directly to us..even if we have to pay extra.BUT you again know what needs done...I dont need to spell it out..you can still fix all this...but if you dont and go into the next Kickstarter without satisfying alot of minds..know its going to be awful like i said on the update comments...those angry backers will go on there and create havoc and well we could not honestly blame them could we?...

Quote:
@Mick: Can you please let me know (and the rest of the backers who read this section) what you want?
We both want to end this and resolve it. right?

Quote:

Creator Golden Egg Games on May 31
To all the other backers, I wish to state that EFS should not spend another $, I offered to pick up at our own expense and to ship the miniatures. Mick offered help in the form of shipping out the minis (11.2013) but he could not handle it/ do not want to do it. will do whatever it takes to get what you paid for.
@Mick: Taking off is cool but please give us ETA when can I schedule to pick the minis so I can ship them to our backers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trenton
United States
Willoughby
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmb
While i dont have any opinions on this at this time as I'm not a miniature backer. I want to thank you for taking the time to do this thread and the other so we can see the full picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mttgamer wrote:
While i dont have any opinions on this at this time as I'm not a miniature backer. I want to thank you for taking the time to do this thread and the other so we can see the full picture.

No worries! I was also not a miniatures backers, but I was curious to understand the full story. I'm not sure this really explains everything, but it at least gives the full picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Leach
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
The full picture is as follows & the Facts:
1.the minis were done in June 2013
2.the backers addresses were not sent to EFS until end of 2013.
3.the payment was sent for Only the $80 backers in Feb 2014 and that money was taken back through a chargeback in March 2014 through Paypal.
4.which led up to the UPDATE #31 which painted us as having done nothing pretty much ((I suggest you read it if you haven't)) and somehow made it sound like we had something to do with other parts of the game..which we did not handle..Minis our only concern with this project.
5.I was there on the Karez Forum for the near 4 months answering questions daily while my partner was doing other Kickstarters.

***So this leads up to whats happening now with the minis***
EFS is shipping directly to backers who pay for the shipping OR sending their minis to GEG so they can forward them.Im more then happy to be sending the minis directly to what seems 98% of backers who have contacted me via email or pm who want to get their minis and not have to wait like further pending rewards.This way I know for certain they will get said minis ((with insurance and tracking numbers)) and GEG can refund them as they has noted in their last mass email to the backers.Then everyone is happy.

just a note to your would be Kickstarter people.. never work with anyone without a contract.I have certainly learned my lesson.

again if you wish to contact EFS here is the company email: easternfront.studios@gmail.com
Mick Leach
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EFSmick wrote:
3.the payment was sent for Only the $80 backers in Feb 2014 and that money was taken back through a chargeback in March 2014 through Paypal.
4.which led up to the UPDATE #31 which painted us as having done nothing pretty much ((I suggest you read it if you haven't)) and somehow made it sound like we had something to do with other parts of the game..which we did not handle..Minis our only concern with this project.
5.I was there on the Karez Forum for the near 4 months answering questions daily while my partner was doing other Kickstarters.

EFS is shipping directly to backers who pay for the shipping OR sending their minis to GEG so they can forward them.Im more then happy to be sending the minis directly to what seems 98% of backers who have contacted me via email or pm who want to get their minis and not have to wait like further pending rewards.This way I know for certain they will get said minis ((with insurance and tracking numbers)) and GEG can refund them as they has noted in their last mass email to the backers.Then everyone is happy.

just a note to your would be Kickstarter people.. never work with anyone without a contract.I have certainly learned my lesson.

again if you wish to contact EFS here is the company email: easternfront.studios@gmail.com
Mick Leach

None of which helps explain why those who didn't go for the minis are still waiting for the other goals, or even just the revised rule book and instructional videos.

I guess that would be a thread highjack, so to pull it together I hope everything will go when the minis go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Leach
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Throknor you hit the nail squarely on the head sir.EFS role was solely minis not game rules,mechanics,cardboard or plastic pieces,updates,rewrites or any other thing ...only Minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burgess
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Throknor wrote:
EFSmick wrote:

Mick Leach

None of which helps explain why those who didn't go for the minis are still waiting for the other goals, or even just the revised rule book and instructional videos.

I guess that would be a thread highjack, so to pull it together I hope everything will go when the minis go.

I mean, there's only one answer to this - it was an attempt at misdirection and attempting to find a scapegoat. I don't think most people bought it, but I could see falling for it if you were a low-information backer and did not meticulously follow the KS comments page (which is likely the majority). All they would have saw is months of silence and then everything being EFS's fault.

Now the strategy guide is out and the first questions to it Elad seems to be dodging (again, see the comment page on the KS forum. A long, well thought out series of questions is answered with "but you get a die roll, and that's good in any game!".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruval wrote:
I mean, there's only one answer to this - it was an attempt at misdirection and attempting to find a scapegoat.

Actually, the much more likely answer is Hanlon's Razor, which is almost always the real issue at hand in a case like this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Llewellyn
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ruval wrote:
Now the strategy guide is out and the first questions to it Elad seems to be dodging (again, see the comment page on the KS forum. A long, well thought out series of questions is answered with "but you get a die roll, and that's good in any game!".

The correct answer to this is GEG have a New kickstarter launched.
No further info required, please wait another year for a further response.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.