5 Posts

Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » General

Subject: Caverna as a 2p game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
R2 D2
msg tools
mb
How good is Caverna as a 2 player game compared to Agricola, Le Havre or At the Gates of Loyang?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this thread: How good is this with 2 players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the 2 player game. However, I feel that there isn't enough tension when it comes down to the buildings. Compared to Agricola, I personally think Caverna makes a better 2 player game because there are more action spaces than in Agricola (which makes the stress seem more distant). At the Gates of Loyang is fantastic 2 player, probably the best out of his games (aside from the 2 player specific games and Glass Road, all of which I haven't played). I have yet to play 2 player Le Havre but most seem to be of the opinion that Le Havre shines at lower player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played it once 2-player, and my wife and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Delmeby
Sweden
Bromma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have only tried it once as two player. It was good I guess, but I felt there were personally too many buildings to choose from (we ran the advanced variant). Next time, I think I'll try using the reduced boards and randomize what comes up for extra funzies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.