Subject: Confused about the number of cards and sizes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Surreptitious Fabric
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'm just about to order Manhattan Project, Nations 1 and Second Stage as the game seems really interesting, but I've seen several threads about different card sizes which are rather confusing.

How many cards are there in each of these and what sleeves could I buy for them? Will ordering 150 Mayday or FFG Mini-American sleeves be enough? I'm not sure if the people at the store know which printing of the game they have.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game: 80 cards (44 regular buildings, 6 starter buildings, 30 bombs)
Nations expansion: 7 nation cards, 1 rules card, 1 play-aid card
Second stage: 22 cards

total: 109 play cards + 2 reminder cards to probably not bother sleeving.
Note, if you don't use all of second stage, or choose not to sleeve nation cards (14 total) you don't cross the 100 line of two packs.

FFG Yellow is what I used
which is correct for 1st printing, 3rd printing and (hopefully, knock on wood) all future printings.

The second printing (by Queen Games), was a different size (FFG Red?) and I'd say it is unlikely for you to get a 2nd printing - at least in the US, I don't know about Sweden. Once opened, the 2nd printing has brown pieces instead of yellow pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Surreptitious Fabric
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comprehensive reply! Exactly what I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dopey68 Gerty Wouters
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
so as long you don't have a Queen Games edition there won't be a probleem buying the Nations expansion? I'm correct? I just bought the base game. And the box only mentioned 'Minion Games, copyright 2014'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dopey68 wrote:
so as long you don't have a Queen Games edition there won't be a probleem buying the Nations expansion? I'm correct? I just bought the base game. And the box only mentioned 'Minion Games, copyright 2014'.

Since nations cards aren't shuffled with other cards, even if you get a size difference it doesn't matter. Unless you go with opaque back sleeves so you can mix Nations & Nations II (part of Second Stage). Of course, that's the gameplay answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.