Navajo Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Culture Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the Play Book portion of the tutorial and now I am trying to finish the game after the tutorial ends. I have 2 Culture Cards in play. Horsemanship and Weaving. When can I use their benefit and do I have to pay the 1 Culture Point each time I use their benefit or just pay it once?

Great game but I'm having trouble grasping everything. I have been playi g for over 3 hous and twice the cats jumped on the table plopping down on the board and moving the tokens all over the board.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
You only pay the culture point when first acquiring the card during a passage of time action. Just follow the text on the individual cards to determine when they can be used. Horsemanship Level 1 provides its benefit as long as you have the card - every turn. Weaving Level 1 gives you a one time bonus of an additional trade good - you don't get it every turn.

Although bear in mind that you have to have a Culture of at least X to use a level X Culture card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Historical Event cards like Pueblo Revolt? In the tutorial it said to place it at the top of the map with the Culture Cards. Do the effects from Pueblo Revolt stay in effect for the rest of the game? Is there a way to get those cards out of play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
colmmccarthy wrote:
Omahavice wrote:
What about Historical Event cards like Pueblo Revolt? In the tutorial it said to place it at the top of the map with the Culture Cards. Do the effects from Pueblo Revolt stay in effect for the rest of the game? Is there a way to get those cards out of play?

Pueblo Revolt leaves play when the Spanish get three red cubes in the Subjugation of New Mexico box. Until that happens, the card continues to effect the Spanish.

More generally, nearly all the Event cards that say 'place with the Culture cards' have a condition that causes them to leave the game, either printed on that card (as in the case of Pueblo Revolt) or on a later card. (I say 'nearly' because there may be Events that stick around until the end of the scenario / game; I don't recall.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.