Popular Tags: [View All]
William Taylor
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Kind of at my wits end here.

I happen to have a bunch of plastic miniatures that look like fortresses, and I've been using them to mark strongholds. They're the perfect size for the board and their design works perfectly for any nation.

Recently I've decided to try and paint each one of these fortresses, giving them each a unique color scheme to match their stronghold (though generally matching the picture on the board or at least resembling something from the movies). Moria, for instance, has a black basecoat with a drybrush of varying shades of dark gray for a nice dark, stone look. Erebor has a similar look to it except it's lighter and with a few touches of dark tan and rust color drybrushed in, and this looks fine, though I did wish it had come out a bit more brown (it's mostly gray)

My final Dwarven mountain (lore-wise) then, is Mount Gundabad, which I plan to be the brownest of the three and not have any or very little gray at all. My problem though is that I have no idea how to do sandstone. There are plenty of tutorials out there on how to make gray stone, but nothing like the Mount Gundabad picture on the board or this...

http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/File:Larry_Elmore_-_Mount_Gun...

I'd be fine with either, and would be happy with any help that can be given.

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.