trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game of this, and all 4 of us loved it. Here are my rules I missed. Please help and list some commonly missed ones you guys miss........as there are alot of little exceptions.

1)the special event card is revealed when the special event tile is revealed, not when you get to the event (made the game MUCH more random and difficult)

2)the amount of fatigue suffered during conquest is not always 2 (as the board shows) but whatever is on the battle card

3)the first player after the first year in a four player game is the player on the right of the person who started the game?????

4)you draw an extra trap and then discard one in the second year

5)rooms cannot be placed adjacent to each other

I think that is it, as you can see, I missed quite a bit, but it was still alot of fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Number 3 is:
the first first player during year 2 is the one sitting in front of the player who started the game.

That is, in a 4-player game, is the player on the right of last season's first player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll find a list of commonly missed rules in the FAQ published by CGE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
Australia
TERALBA
NSW
flag msg tools
The space left intentionally blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

5)rooms cannot be placed adjacent to each other

Oh crap, I missed that one too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:

It's worth noting, too, that the trap you discard does NOT have to be one of the two you just drew, either; you can discard a trap you already had and keep both the traps you drew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
bigGameGeek wrote:

It's worth noting, too, that the trap you discard does NOT have to be one of the two you just drew, either; you can discard a trap you already had and keep both the traps you drew.
missed that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
bigGameGeek wrote:

It's worth noting that this does not apply to the Trap Production room which always draws just 1.

Also a commonly missed rule is that each time you are conquered you reduce your evilness by one. We missed that rule the first time and had one player stuck at the top.

You must spend 1 gold to place your monster action first. This rule is more of a Oooops type of rule when a player is out of gold and plays it first when there is heavy competition for monsters.

When it comes to building dungeons there are 3 very commonly overlooked rules.
1. Rooms cannot be adjacent to one another (like you said) though diagonals are fine.
2. When placing Rooms they Replace tunnels. They aren't added onto them.
3. You cannot have a 2x2 block of rooms/tunnels or rooms and tunnels.

I still remember the time when someone posted about how underpowered the tunnel action space was because he could make the following dungeon without taking it a single time:
*Edit one of these decades I'll learn how to leave white space*
__E
R T R
R T R
R T R
__R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.