Through the Ages: A Story of Civilization» Forums » Rules

Subject: Return Yellow Tokens to Bank? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J H
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mb
Am I allowed to (voluntarily) return any Yellow Tokens (Buildings, Units, Populations) back to Yellow Bank? I don't mean as a result of events, or sacrifice. But by my own action.

I couldn't find this in the rulebook and searching this forum.

Thank you in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but it is an action and so costs a Civil Action to disband a worker or a military action to disband a military unit. Both listed on the player aid and in the rules somewhere (don't have them to hand).

The disbanded unit/worker goes back into your worker pool and can be reassigned from there or (more often) goes onto the Happiness track to keep people entertained.

(edit)You can't return a token from the pool directly to the bank (as opposed to the worker Pool), except where military units are sacrificed or used for conquering a colony - once someone has been born, they tend to want to stay alive (/edit)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
azalae wrote:
Am I allowed to (voluntarily) return any Yellow Tokens (Buildings, Units, Populations) back to Yellow Bank? I don't mean as a result of events, or sacrifice. But by my own action.

I couldn't find this in the rulebook and searching this forum.

Thank you in advance.

No. Not mentioned in the rules and thus not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Debien
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can disband a building (with civil actions) or a unit (with military actions) and return a worker to the unused worker box, but not to the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
We're all in agreement here.

If you are trying to return it to the worker pool, so that you have a free yellow token to build something else, that is one civil action.

If you are trying to return it to the bank, so that you do not have to pay consumption, that is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you everyone for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.