Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Sorcerer use its ability to deal three damage to the Demon? I know the Demon says that you can only damage it with health (which I assume means that you must use an extra action by spending a health to fight), but the designer has said the Warrior's move ability trumps the Desert's passive ability. Does the Sorcerer's ability trump the Demon's ability too?

Edit: Small disclaimer, I've only played with and read the PnP rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel Hsu
Argentina
Santa Fe
Santa Fe
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We play that the Sorcerer can't use the ability, the Demon has less life than other Epic Foes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
i think you can't use the ability since it uses 2 AP and it clearly says you can only use health to do damage, so i would say no you can't use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Escobedo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played it and had no idea what to do. So we basically said you could fight it or damage it as normal but you always had to lose a health for each point of damage you did to it. I really wish the rules were a lot clearer in certain spots (this being one of them)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Per our current rules, the Sorcerer can damage the Demon by 3 with it's special ability.

However, this is under review. It makes the Demon less threatening when you have the Sorcerer in play, so we are likely going to be making a tweak... of some sort. Stay tuned

But, for now, the rules are that the Sorcerer can damage the Demon with their special ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Escobedo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you clarify what the Demon's text even means? How are you supposed to damage it using health?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrEleven wrote:
Can you clarify what the Demon's text even means? How are you supposed to damage it using health?

Each turn, you are able to sacrafice 1 health point to take an extra action. You damage the Demon by using sacraficing a health point to take an extra Fight action to damage the Epic Foe. (So, you must take the extra health action... and you must use it to fight)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Escobedo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So in essence, outside of the artifact that does 1 damage (does this work against him?), the sorcerer's ability and maybe (maybe?) the barbarian's ability, the only way to damage him is if the fight action you are doing is through the payment of health? Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrEleven wrote:
So in essence, outside of the artifact that does 1 damage (does this work against him?), the sorcerer's ability and maybe (maybe?) the barbarian's ability, the only way to damage him is if the fight action you are doing is through the payment of health? Is that correct?

Correct, an artifact and the sorcerer's ability can damage the Demon. The barbarian can as well, because he's using multiple health-actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't mean to hijack, but this is somewhat related. Does the Epic Foe raise threat levels on successive turns, or do anything at all except its special ability when it comes into play? Is its only purpose to pull the players attention so that the horde can ravage the capital?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hobbesvii wrote:
Don't mean to hijack, but this is somewhat related. Does the Epic Foe raise threat levels on successive turns, or do anything at all except its special ability when it comes into play? Is its only purpose to pull the players attention so that the horde can ravage the capital?

It does nothing turn to turn (unless it has something noted on the card) so, yes, it's main purpose is to take away your attention as it's horde tears apart your kingdom. Unless you kill the Epic Foe, the horde will never rest devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I think it's quite nasty enough that way, especially once you start running out of artifacts cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Demon still exist or is it just the Demon Lord? Are there 8 epic fores (or more)? I could have sworn I had 9 when I opened the box, but maybe I'm just bad at counting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The demon lord replaces the PnP demon.

There are 8 total epic foes. One for each region plus two extras for the two regions that don't have a second dire foe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.