Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the special "3 Actions" card for three players - I presume it basically grants 3 APs to the players which means one of the following:

A) One player can take an extra full turn

or

B) 3 AP's divided up between the 3 heroes as the team sees fit (i.e. one to each, 2 to 1, 1 to another or option A above).

We had been playing B - is that correct?

As a corollary, would that allow each hero "given" one of the 3 APs the opportunity to treat it as his/her turn? (i.e. Artifact card plays, sacrificing health for another AP, etc.)

Thanks for the fun game!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
So the special "3 Actions" card for three players - I presume it basically grants 3 APs to players which means one of the following:

or

B) 3 AP's divided up between the 3 heroes as the team sees fit (i.e. one to each, 2 to 1, 1 to another or option A above).

As a corollary, would that allow each hero "given" one of the 3 APs the opportunity to treat it as his/her turn? (i.e. Artifact card plays, sacrificing health for another AP, etc.)

B is correct. It is NOT considered any of the players "turns" rather a group turn. Things that are "turn" based wouldn't trigger.

If a player takes one or more of the Acrions from an Action Card, it is considered to be their turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgcoe wrote:
Nikoms wrote:
So the special "3 Actions" card for three players - I presume it basically grants 3 APs to the players which means one of the following:

or

B is correct. It is NOT considered any of the players "turns" rather a group turn. Things that are "turn" based wouldn't trigger.

Sounds good.

Just for clarification sake (sorry - not trying to be dense), what, other than the two artifact cards that have the word "turn" in them (i.e. Elixir of Errand and Hammer of Might) would be restricted?

Sacrificing AP for health would be off limits I presume (as that can only be done once per "turn").

What about using the APs to activate a region ability or the hero's special ability (i.e. can the Cleric heal with the AP of the 3 player card?)

In the rules, it might be simpler to explicitly state which specific actions are not allowed when using the 3 player card.

BTW, I do like the 3 player card - it sacrifices a "true" 4th turn in the round - but allows for flexibility too - like moving two people into the capital so they can heal when their turn card comes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol - from the KS update today:

Quote:
IF a Player takes at least ONE of the 3 (4) actions from an Action Card, it is considered to be THEIR TURN. This is true for however many players partake in the Action Card actions. This means that if a player is in the Capital City when an Action Card is drawn and they take at least one of the actions, they activate the CC ability and are restored to full Health. This also means Players can use Artifacts with the Action Card as if it were their turn.

Thank you Michael!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this would also mean they can take one damage to get a second AP as well, correct? Further the Berserker could go off and do as he pleased?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly here, but I think that a player may only spend HP to get AP if s/he gets 3 AP from the group action card (all 3, or 3 of 4 if a region has fallen).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
navajas
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hobbesvii wrote:
I'm not sure I'm remembering correctly here, but I think that a player may only spend HP to get AP if s/he gets 3 AP from the group action card (all 3, or 3 of 4 if a region has fallen).

Hmm. Well that would certainly be a contradiction of all of the above. :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TED Rulebook Page 8 wrote:
After a Player has taken 3 consecutive Actions, the Player may choose to sacrifice 1 Health Point from their Hero to gain a 4th Action Point. This 4th Action must be taken immediately.

It's too good if 3 players can each take 2 actions on one card.

Also, this rule does not take the Barbarian's power into account. He may always spend 2 HP take two actions after taking 3 consecutive action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.