Subject: WARS 10th Anniversary! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jungle Jim
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Its the WARS 10th Anniversary, so my WARS fansite is doing some stuff to celebrate !

http://thezocho.weebly.com/home/wars-10th-anniversary-announ...

I hope you and your friends are excited for the 10 year anniversary, and get something planned to celebrate it. I feel like now is the time for WARS fans to come back together around this property, so here's hoping we do!

Have anything you're going to do for the 10th?
-Jim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauziz
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this, and for putting together your awesome blog! I've been meaning to run a tournament, I've just never gotten around to it. I specifically picked up a pair of boxes of starter decks, and then from my own collection put together a baggie of cards that might supplement that deck. So I have single faction packs, and double faction packs (for those wanting to add a second faction into their deck). Figured that I would start by handing out a one page summary of the rules, and then do a learning round where I carefully coached people through the game (I assume that nobody will have played the game before). This would be followed by the actually tournament (maybe only 2-3 round), and I set aside some rares and foils as prizes. I thought I'd just make it very fast and loose – you want to modify your deck between rounds with the little baggie of cards I gave you? No problem!

Of course, now I just need to pick a convention to do this at and just sign up for it! The fall cons around here are really smaller and more RPG focused. So maybe I'll need to wait or try to do it at a game store.... Does anybody else have experience running WARS tournaments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to sit and stare at my cards and lament the fact that I havent played against another person in about a year. In a city as big as Phoenix you'd think there would at least be one other person doing the same. Thats the nature of the beast with dead ccgs though, and I knew that going in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jungle Jim
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, I know the feeling. With how cheap the cards are I got some friends playing by just buying a box of decks and handing them out. But its difficult indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jungle Jim
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!!!

http://thezocho.weebly.com/home/wars-10-our-anniversary
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jungle Jim
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Continuing our 10th Anniversary celebrations, we have this interview with Mark Tuttle from the original WARS team !

http://thezocho.weebly.com/home/mark-tuttle-the-10th-anniver...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.