Subject: Escape from Zombie City rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Barker

Redondo Beach (90277)
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are any of you who backed Z15 going to back Escape from Zombie City? Why or why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
habanero86 wrote:
Are any of you who backed Z15 going to back Escape from Zombie City? Why or why not?

Interested in both but didn't/won't back either for the same reason - not enough in the KS (for me personally) to offset what's likely to be well above retail price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't like the Zombie City kickstarter campaign. They are asking for an expansion addon price right out of the gate, rather than part of the stretch goal and the stretch goals simply look like removed base game components.

I also dislike the simultaneous play, real-time-play is much better in Zombie 15' because you still get to experience what happens to other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Slashdoctor wrote:
I also dislike the simultaneous play, real-time-play is much better in Zombie 15' because you still get to experience what happens to other players.

Well, horses for courses and all that, but that's the heart of Escape, it wouldn't be the same without it and it definitely adds to the hectic atmosphere zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I enjoy Escape a lot, I see no need for a zombie themed version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it. It's similar in that it's zombies, it's timed, and there is tile placement. But Zombie 15' has an action mechanic with item usage while Escape is based on dice rolling. The zombie theme and the 15 minutes are major similarities, but the differences are vast enough, that I think you're still looking at 2 entirely different games.
That said, Escape is from Queen Games. I hate Queen Games with a passion. I'm expecting to receive a game with missing parts that will be nigh on impossible to replace. IELLO, on the other hand, already sent me the one thing I didn't receive with my Zombie 15' and they have always come through when I was missing something in their games.

Slashdoctor wrote:

I don't think I'd call the non-simultaneous play real-time as much, though...? Unless these teens in Zombie 15' are prone to asthma attacks and need to take 2 minute breaks after every 4 or 5 things they do, so they take turns doing their 4-5 things. Then I guess that would make perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.