Subject: Competitive and Cooperative Variants/Scenarios rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis L
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hello,

I just uploaded a set up rules for Zombies!!! 2nd Edition. I really like the game, but one of my biggest disappointments is how the weapons are used. I looked up some ways that other people use the weapon cards here, and I wanted to write down a short list of quick rule changes I could look to for some extra fun from the.

I ended up writing 6 pages worth of stuff! I haven't gotten a chance to "play test" the rules, but I'm pretty certain the rules will be even more fun over the base rules. Some of the rules are what I found on the forums and others I made up. Please see below for the link and a synopsis of the rule set.

Check back for updates! I am still working on corrections additions. Hope it's fun!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104630/competitive-and...

Special Features:

Updates:

Version 2.0 Updates:
--Updated helipad winning conditions
--Updated Exploration Mode
--Changes/clarifications on bounce effect and molotov and grenade throwing
--Updated Weapon Search
--Resting phase has been removed
--Various updates to the wording to clarify on other rules

-Shotgun changes (holds a maximum of 6 bullets, but starts with 3)
-Added resting (Players can rest instead of move to gain 1 life)
-Added bounce effect (A bounce occurs when throwing a grenade or molotov around a corner, slowing it down)
-Clarifications
-New scenarios

-Competitive Rule Set
-Cooperative Rule Set (Similar to competitive, but adjusted logically)

-Weapon changes:
--Weapons now stay with you until lost during gameplay (death, discarded by player or one time use weapons).
--Shotgun can be reloaded, but you have to find ammunition for it
--Grenade and Molotov cocktails can be thrown, they are one time use

-Event cards and Weapon cards are now separated into two piles

-Death:
--In competitive mode, players drop their weapons when they die. These areas are marked and any player can pick up the dropped weapons.
--In cooperative mode, a player who loses their final life token becomes a fallen/disabled player. Other players then have a chance to try to rescue the player if they're nearby, by moving to their space and sharing a life token. The player dies if no one can save them by the start of his/her next turn.

-Weapon/Item Sharing:
In coop mode, players can share weapons, life, bullets and event cards. A player can carrier an extra weapon (carry only) that they can then share with a player in need.

-Helipad Placement:
--In competitive mode, players bid zombie trophies to earn the right to place the Helipad.
--In cooperative mode, players collectively decide where to place the Helipad.

-Final battle in competitive mode: In the competitive game, if a winning player makes to the Helipad, other players may finish out the round. If other players also make it to the Helipad, they battle until only one player stands.

-Additional Cooperative Scenarios:
--Cop Chase: Chase down a corrupt and greedy cop who left you and your buddies to become zombie food. Be careful though, you'll need his uniform to impersonate them to finish out the scenario!
--Flight Delay: Start the game from the Helipad and lead the wounded pilot to the hospital to be treated. See if you can make it back to the chopper to continue your journey to safety!
--Finder's Keepers: A player starts out alone in the apocalypse, and has to find their lost teammates. The player will need to search buildings, finding teammates one by one, reuniting the team. Then, it's time to get to the chopper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i love the concept and will be trying some of these elements tomoro ...btw i really love the exploration mode and coop

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis L
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Awesome! Let me know how it goes! I wrote the versions before I was able to play test. But I play tested the coop and tweaked it as we played. So the most current version should be pretty good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey sorry for not posting in a while but weve really hit it off with the cooperative style and added some neat little adjustments that weve had a blast with ill share with you

we divide the cards into 3 decks now (weapons, treasure, events) and theyre rewarded by exploring (treasure) not exploring (events) or searching an empty building (only once per building per game) with 1d6 which would result in 1, 2, or 3 bullets judged by the roll or a 4 or higher to draw a weapon card.

we also use the original zombie movement with a twist ... which is each shot you take adds a d6 so if you take 2 shots then you roll 3d6 for z. movement ...it really makes taking shots scary at times lol but ya i figured id drop some of my work ive done over the past couple of months but i credit you sir for sparking these ideas and giving me hope for this game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis L
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Mugen_Infinity8 wrote:
hey sorry for not posting in a while but weve really hit it off with the cooperative style and added some neat little adjustments that weve had a blast with ill share with you

we divide the cards into 3 decks now (weapons, treasure, events) and theyre rewarded by exploring (treasure) not exploring (events) or searching an empty building (only once per building per game) with 1d6 which would result in 1, 2, or 3 bullets judged by the roll or a 4 or higher to draw a weapon card.

we also use the original zombie movement with a twist ... which is each shot you take adds a d6 so if you take 2 shots then you roll 3d6 for z. movement ...it really makes taking shots scary at times lol but ya i figured id drop some of my work ive done over the past couple of months but i credit you sir for sparking these ideas and giving me hope for this game

Hey, I like the ideas! Thank you for sharing them with me. I've been going through my last revision and updating some things. Also been trying to think of more scenarios to add in. It will probably be a while before I upload another revision.

I've been tweaking the way we play each time, and I'm running out of willing participants haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thats great to hear. i cant wait for the new installment and btw im a huge fan of your scenarios.

if i figure out some other neat little rules to add ill be sure to fill you in but until then extort your buddies into playing some more ^_^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis L
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thank you! Glad to hear you like the scenarios. I was mostly influenced by video games. I was thinking of things I like about video games and trying to convert them to board game rules.

Some of the rules I took from suggestions on the forums, such as separating the deck into weapons and events, and "Zombie Alert" for the cooperative variant when moving zombies

I don't know if the multiplayer arena play style converts to board game very well with the way I have it set up, however I do think the scenarios are varied nicely.

Some of my fixes for my new version may range from things as little as typos to new scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice i cant wait to see the update and thats what i do with the whole video game idea too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis L
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
My next version should be up soon! Version 3 has little tweaks and a new scenario. I can't believe it's been over a year. I've had a lot going on and haven't had the interest. But I recently got a jolt of inspiration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.