Tanner Griffin
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I just had an OCTGN game where we had a disagreement on the timing of Plan B.

I accessed Plan B while it had one advancement token on it. I decided not to trash it because I knew what it was and he couldn't use it. The Corp advanced it again on his next turns (and I was wondering what he was doing), then he used it and scored a Priority Req.

So, does the Corp have to use Plan B's ability as it's accessed, or is it just that if it ever is accessed you can choose to do it later, when you have more advancement tokens on it?

If I was wrong, I'll just trash it as I access it next time I play against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
You were right, he was wrong
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Your opponent was wrong. Plan B's ability triggers on access. There's no delayed effect: the moment it is accessed, the Corp may reveal and score the agenda. If they don't (or can't), it does not kick in somehow later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Blumklotz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanner,

The guy you where playing is in my meta and he posted up about this in our FB Group. Short answer: You where right, Plan B's triggered conditional ability does not persist beyond the triggering event.

From the A:NR Rule Book, pg. 21:

Triggered Abilities
In order to use a triggered ability a prerequisite must be met. This prerequisite is either a trigger cost that must be paid (PAID ABILITY) or a trigger condition that must be met (CONDITIONAL ABILITY). Once an ability is triggered, its effect is resolved immediately and can only be stopped by prevent or avoid effects. Players must follow all restrictions on the cards when triggering abilities.

I am sorry for the confusion during your game. If this ever comes up you can now cite the relevant rules to back up your position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that Plan B triggering doesn't actually trash it...so if you could use it on a delayed effect, not trashing it on one access would lead it to be the most powerful fast advance tool ever!

That said, if you've got Plan B in a deck you should probably have Trick of Light too, so trashing it is usually a good idea whenever you see it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Hurst
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ok Tanner,
After much deliberation, and thrashing about, I concede. I should have looked too the rulebook before all else. You are correct. I hope to see you on Octgn again soon my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.