Subject: do you think we will see any "one of a kind" ships rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
what i mean by "one of a kind" is the ship only has a named ship card and no genetic card. i know we have scene these types of ships before in the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Romulan Scimitar should be one of a kind. If there were a ship to have no generic, that would be the one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keoki Young
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe the Enterprise refit or Soong Borg ship. I don't think we ever saw any other examples of those (at least not in canon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perhaps the Borg Queen's ship.

Anything like the Krenim Temporal Weapon, Doomsday device or other singular ships seem likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wouldn't mind seeing a Tamarian deep space cruiser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Staley
msg tools
I would assume the U.S.S Prometheus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keokiyoung wrote:
Maybe the Enterprise refit or Soong Borg ship. I don't think we ever saw any other examples of those (at least not in canon).

The Enterprise was definitely not the only Constitution class ship to be refit. They didn't use that model much to avoid confusion, but you can bet that most/all of that line got it. For evidence in canon, they didn't just build a new one in no time to slap the name Enterprise-A on. It was likely an older one that they just rebranded. Which makes the A's decommissioning after just a few years make more sense (it was actually much older).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I certainly hope not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Abes
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
I doubt it. By doing so they would limit the number of them that they would sell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Staley
msg tools
V'ger.power
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
I cannot agree enough with the Tamarian Deep space cruiser being in the game. Except hopefully its not unique. I need my tamarian fleet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
1stDragoon wrote:
V'ger.power

i would love to see v'ger but if they make it it would probably be gigantic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Adams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the partially assimilated Enterprise D has to be one of a kind.

According to Wizkids blurb in the HC version, this one was the one that Riker had in the episode Parallels when he's all dishevelled and desparate.

Truth is, anything can have a generic if Wizkids wish it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FleetCaptDanAdams wrote:
I think the partially assimilated Enterprise D has to be one of a kind.

According to Wizkids blurb in the HC version, this one was the one that Riker had in the episode Parallels when he's all dishevelled and desparate.

Truth is, anything can have a generic if Wizkids wish it.

The assimilated Enterprise-D Collective grand prize ship is specifically listed as both a named ship (Assimilation Target Prime being the "name" of the ship) as well as a generic Galaxy Class and has dual faction affiliation (Borg for the named ship, Federation for the generic).

With Attack Wing using the Flightpath system as FFG has designed it, then I could definitely see the Doomsday Machine being released by Wizkids as a huge ship (like the Rebel transport and Blockade Runner for X-Wing). I am already fiddling around with an idea for adapting the movement of those ships for my own Doomsday Machine for a custom scenario for a local convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:
I cannot agree enough with the Tamarian Deep space cruiser being in the game. Except hopefully its not unique. I need my tamarian fleet!

Right, but I'd probrably fly the generic so I didn't have to try to read the ship ability.

Quote:
Action: Munke of Sirate. Gemkil in Lenok. Gemkil, her heart ablaze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JgzMan wrote:
agntorenge wrote:

Right, but I'd probrably fly the generic so I didn't have to try to read the ship ability.

Quote:
Action: Munke of Sirate. Gemkil in Lenok. Gemkil, her heart ablaze.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never understood the idea behind the Tamarians. If they can only communicate in little quotes and story allusions, how the bleep did they learn the stories (and the words that the stories are made of) in the first place? That story would have gotten a big ol' red X if I had been the one picking scripts.

As for the Enterprise A, I seem to recall it being stated somewhere that USS Yorktown, while in drydock for the refit, was renamed USS Enterprise A in honor of the Enterprise's accomplishments and Starfleet's desire to always have an Enterprise in commission. I thought renaming of Yorktown was mentioned in ST:IV dialogue, but apparently not. I am pretty certain it was in the "historical" info in the model kit release, not that that is canon, but someone had to have given them the idea. It makes little sense to think it was new construction and then they planned to retire it in only about 10 years. (While the Miranda class soldiered on for another 100 years or so...) It being a refit of an older ship makes that retiring a little more... logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
"Gene Roddenberry, in a nod to his original name choice from 1964, suggested that the Yorktown was renamed USS Enterprise-A at the end of Star Trek IV, explaining why the latter ship seemed to be launched so quickly at the end of the movie. The Next Generation fourth season writer's technical manual also indicated this to be the case. This was further validated when, in the Encyclopedia, Mike Okuda described the Yorktown in 2293 as the second ship to bear this name."

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Yorktown_(23rd_century)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
There's a blink-and-you-miss-it Constitution Refit among the destroyed ships at Wolf 359.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:
There's a blink-and-you-miss-it Constitution Refit among the destroyed ships at Wolf 359.

At least one of the debris tokens from Collective OP 2 (Wolf 359) looks very much like a trashed Connie refit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shooting model for the self-destructed Enterprise in Trek III appeared as one of the debris pieces, both saucer and secondary hull, at Wolf 359. The Saucer came back later as the wrecked USS Olympia from DS9: "The Sound of Her voice". What this means for the class has never been made clear to anything I know of in Trek. Might even be the Decommissioned 1701-A thrown into the battle?

Picard's former command was also supposed to be a refit Connie until a last minute decision brought the Constellation class into existence. So maybe this means some of them persisted? The class would be over a hundred years old by that point.

Even so I expect a generic Refit constitution. The spacedock scenes show other ships of that class existed, and there's at least one production graphic that shows NCC-1717 still in spacedock when the power got knocked out.

I think the only ship we'd really see unique beyond a doubt is the Scimitar. It was the only ship of it's class constructed, and I doubt Shinzon (or anyone else) would want to build another one. However, I also don't think Wiz Kids cares and will put out a generic anyway simply to have something else to put on the back side of the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.