Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nullify.

Nullify counters Purge Magic in the counterspell step. I thought this was clear from the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maxx
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too. My opponent required a second opinion. Thank you.

D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was clear from the rules, he would not have ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Purple Paladin wrote:
If it was clear from the rules, he would not have ask.

Not remotely true. Some people don't read rules and even attempt to parse them properly.

Others will query any interpretation not favouring them.

This may not be the case here, but it certainly is in numerous cases I've come across in person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And some people make snide little comments to people asking about rules, on a forum made to ask questions about rules.

They are not stupid; they are not cheaters, and I am sure if everyone read every word of a rule book; understood it completely; and had perfect memory about what they had read, they could remove the "Rules" section of every forum on earth. But that's never going to happen.

I thought this was clear to anyone who reads the forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, paladin, chill. Jonathan explicitly said, "This may not be the case here." If you've never played with a true rules-lawyer like the ones he described, then all I can say is, consider yourself lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not snide - it's a valid observation. You are the only one being inappropriate.

Purple Paladin wrote:

They are not stupid; they are not cheaters, and I am sure if everyone read every word of a rule book; understood it completely; and had perfect memory about what they had read, they could remove the "Rules" section of every forum on earth. But that's never going to happen.

That would imply that rulebooks are perfect to begin with which they are not. In fact most of my favourite games have either a) very flawed rulebooks or b) rulebooks I find fine, but which don't make sense to many. Option c) - rulebooks that by common consensus are clear and perfect are a very rare breed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.