Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game for my birthday, and I wanted to clarify the trap process.

As I understand it, it works like this:

Winter soldier activates, and moves onto my space.
I announce a trap.
I pick one card and set it aside.
I tell the winter player how many cards are in my hand.
I secretly put some spring side up and some winter side up under my character card.
I announce my trap, based on the card I set aside.
The winter soldier plays cards from hand to avoid the trap, explaining in story how they work.
I reveal my hidden cards.
If I have more spring cards showing (excluding the trap card) than the winter soldier has played, the trap is sprung successfully.
All winter soldier cards are discarded.
I only discard my cards that were spring side up - the rest go back into my hand.

Assuming this is the correct flow of play, I have one question:

Do the spring side up cards under my character card need to be thematically incorporated into the trap through story, or is it simply a case of adding up how many there are?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From my reading of the rules, no. I believe only the one you played originally...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
From my reading of the rules, no. I believe only the one you played originally...

Thanks. That is definitely how I read the rules as well. However, it seems that this section was translated quite poorly, so I wanted to double check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You also discard the card you used to spring the trap, right? meaning the spring player has to spend at least 1 card to try and trap the winter player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vdaoine wrote:
You also discard the card you used to spring the trap, right? meaning the spring player has to spend at least 1 card to try and trap the winter player

Yes - the trap card is spring side up and therefore gets discarded (but doesn't count towards actually winning).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italy
Cremona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Winter soldier activates, and moves onto my space.
I announce a trap.
I pick one card and set it aside.
I tell the winter player how many cards are in my hand.I secretly put some spring side up and some winter side up under my character card.
I announce my trap, based on the card I set aside.
The winter soldier plays cards from hand to avoid the trap, explaining in story how they work.
I reveal my hidden cards.
If I have more spring cards showing (excluding the trap card) than the winter soldier has played, the trap is sprung successfully.
All winter soldier cards are discarded.
I only discard my cards that were spring side up - the rest go back into my hand.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.