Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Sibley
United Kingdom
Ramsgate
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a VASSAL module in development for this. I live in the UK and own the game and I have a few USA buddies with the game and we would like to play together. We can do it with AH...just asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a vassal module, but unfortunately with FFG games, it's kind of time consuming to play because in order to do so you have to unpack your game and set the cards aside in order to reference them (ie Condition cards, Spell Cards, Mythos cards). Many game companies (ie GMT for example) don't require you to have your game components handy in order to play the game. Perhaps a better way would be to have some kind of code/key for owners of the game to unlock the hidden text. After all, when I play the boardgame at home,the other players are not required to have/own the boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Whitlock
msg tools
grahamj wrote:
it's kind of time consuming to play because in order to do so you have to unpack your game and set the cards aside in order to reference them (ie Condition cards, Spell Cards, Mythos cards).

Or you could photograph/scan those cards and keep the images on the computer you use for VASSAL. You only have to do it once, and you can share the images with your playing group.

FFG are just trying to protect their copyright, and I think asking for some cards to be redacted is a reasonable compromise. There are some companies that don't allow VASSAL modules at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.